Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kasich/Hickenlooper mixed ticket in 2020?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politics/k...index.html

I haven't voted Republican since 1984, but this is a ticket I could get behind. Disagree with him plenty, but I've always admired John Kasich. If there were more Republicans like him I might still be a Republican. Who knows, after the Trump disaster, maybe the party will swing to the side of prudence and sanity. Hickenlooper, the governor of Colorado, is also a good and sensible man. I've actually met and spoken to him. He's one of the most genuinely kind, unaffected and good-natured politicians I've ever met. Might be a little TOO nice for the slimy, rough and tumble world of national politics though. 

I actually gave Kasich big-time props for being the only "main party" candidate that really preached (and repeated) the priority of uniting the country, while most of the other bobbleheads were just declaring the voters on the other "side" to be the enemy.

Anyone running for our top offices that isn't wanting to represent Americans over their party scrubs isn't fit for our offices.

He's still been in some typically dirty politics in Ohio, and has a few stances I'm not fond of...but if he'd gotten the candidacy, I'd have been sorely tempted to not vote Libertarian.

I love the idea of a split ticket,  however where will they get their funding?  will they run as independents or will Hickenlooper have to swith party affiliation to a repub in order to get on the ballot?  not really sure how that works,  but Id be all for it.  I plan on voting D in our next SD election and have told a guy that used to be  D but switched to R that he needed to switch back and take the LT Gov spot but he declined.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:

Anyone running for our top offices that isn't wanting to represent Americans over their party scrubs isn't fit for our offices.
Well I definitely agree with that. The country was dangerously divided during the Clinton, Bush and Obama years. Never thought it possible, but it's now even worse. We desperately need leadership that can unite the country, but I fear we're close to a point of no return, where the division is so polarized and deep-set that even the idea of "unity" will be met with suspicion, and likely from both sides. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Well I definitely agree with that. The country was dangerously divided during the Clinton, Bush and Obama years. Never thought it possible, but it's now even worse. We desperately need leadership that can unite the country, but I fear we're close to a point of no return, where the division is so polarized and deep-set that even the idea of "unity" will be met with suspicion, and likely from both sides. 
That's one reason I keep shouting to burn both the GOP and the DNC down, they've blown it...completely.  I'd also push for some accuracy/accountability standard for any outlet claiming to be a "news" outlet.

This is the ugliest I've ever seen this country, and the most horrible I've ever seen Americans being to each other.  There's a ton of blame to go around, but the people need to make the difference.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Zanary" said:

That's one reason I keep shouting to burn both the GOP and the DNC down, they've blown it...completely.  I'd also push for some accuracy/accountability standard for any outlet claiming to be a "news" outlet.

This is the ugliest I've ever seen this country, and the most horrible I've ever seen Americans being to each other.  There's a ton of blame to go around, but the people need to make the difference.
68 all over again...