Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Kobe's wife sues sheriff's dept. over photos
This is pretty vile. And from a personal insight perspective, its not entirely surprising considering its the sheriff's department. I'm pro law enforcement, let me get that out right now. They aren't perfect but they do a very difficult job. But when it comes to idiocy and doing really stupid things, the sheriff's department is rarely topped amongst the agencies. They recruit the dumbest sometimes....

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2994...ash-photos

Knew this was coming and rightfully so. No excuse for this.

WTF is wrong with people? 

That is absolutely grotesque. It's completely unacceptable. They definitely need to be held accountable for their despicable behavior.

A tragic story and it's certainly vile, grotesque and disrespectful.

But what are you going to do at this point? Does fining em a $1,000,000 really accomplish much? 

They said they deleted em??

Sheriff Alex Villanueva previously told news media that eight deputies took or shared graphic photos of the scene and he ordered the images deleted. The sheriff said the department has a policy against taking and sharing crime scene photos, but it does not apply to accident scenes."That was my No. 1 priority, was to make sure those photos no longer exist," Villanueva previously told NBC News. "We identified the deputies involved. They came to the station on their own and had admitted they had taken them and they had deleted them. And we're content that those involved did that."

The sheriff said the department has a policy against taking and sharing crime scene photos, but it does not apply to accident scenes.

It should apply to accident scenes as well. Maybe the fine can go to charity. At least that way something positive could come out of this.