Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Brother Zygmunt

A. Would Vikings be willing to cut Cousins in March of 2021, paying him $21 million to sit home in order to get off the hook for the $35 million in 2022?

B. What are the buyout terms of Zimmer’s contract? I realize this point might be absurd but if they’re really this bad and in a position to draft a qb, would they want Zimmer’s philosophy still around?

C. Do the Wilf’s do a 180 at this point and trade Hunter to clinch a top pick in 2021? 

Well, my name ain't Zygmunt....

A). This is a big unknown to me. If they get a top 5 pick and franchise caliber QB? They could cut KC, pick-up someone better than Mannion (but not a long-term guy) to play while the rook curates. That might be plausible. 

B.  They're not afraid to pay coaches not in the building. Ask Chilly and Les. All though they may think about it a few times now with revenue streams what they are in 2020.

C). The way they're playing? They may not have to move-up at all. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Well, my name ain't Zygmunt....

A). This is a big unknown to me. If they get a top 5 pick and franchise caliber QB? They could cut KC, pick-up someone better than Mannion (but not a long-term guy) to play while the rook curates. That might be plausible. 

B.  They're not afraid to pay coaches not in the building. Ask Chilly and Les. All though they may think about it a few times now with revenue streams what they are in 2020.

C). The way they're playing? They may not have to move-up at all. 

A- They should! Newton, Dalton, Winston, even Tyrod all got peanuts deals. Kirk's $21M (Is that for sure the #? I hadn't heard that) + a one of these guys + the rookie QB will be right at or cheaper than what we're paying Kirk and Mannion now.

B- I think money matters less here than loyalty. Depending how ugly this season gets, Zimmer has built up a lot of goodwill. It might be enough to buy him another season. (Presumably with yet another new OC... gotta be some kind of record. Seriously.)

C- Much rather keep Hunter than trade him right now. Too much unknown between now and draft day. I also don't think the team that gets the #1 pick will trade it, barring something astronomical like 6 firsts. So at that point trading Hunter for a first and a second, or something like that, does more harm than good. Of course if it's Draft week and it's the QB or Hunter, then yes you (bitterly) move on at that time.

A. Absolutely zero way Cousins is cut next year. Vikings will be on the hook The dead cap hit next year would be $41 MILLION DOLLARS. It only makes sense in 2022 and the hit would be $10M, but they'd clear $35M in cap space. And who'd we replace him with? He has to be a bridge for a year. One way or the other, there is NO way the Vikings will be paying Cousins $45 million in 2022. 

B. I don't think Zimmer's contract is any kind of impediment to potentially firing him. 

C. I can't see them trading Danielle Hunter: his contract is oh so manageable and he's so young yet.

If Kirk Cousins is on the roster on the third day of the 2021 league year- something like March 18, 2021,his $35 million salary for 2022 is guaranteed. I don’t think you understand. 

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
If Kirk Cousins is on the roster on the third day of the 2021 league year- something like March 18, 2021,his $35 million salary for 2022 is guaranteed. I don’t think you understand. 
That's what I thought as well...It's definitely March some time. 

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
Oh man. You're right, I did not know that. Holy $hit. That is uuuuugggly. 

So they can either pay him $56 million to play for 2021 and 2022, or cut him and pay him $21 million to sit home in 2021. 

Or they can renegotiate his deal, but unless he keeps playing as badly as last Sunday, why would he do that?

That extension was another sign that this team planned to compete this season. I just don't believe there is even an exit strategy for Cousins - they figured after winning a SB the Wilfs would pay the $35M for 2022 gladly.