Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Bucs = 2009 Vikings?
Maybe with a happier ending?

Minimally it'll be an interesting team to watch.

Stadium should be packed plenty this season - DOH!~!

Happier for who? If you mean the Vikings knocking the Bucs out in the NFCCG, I'll be happy. Not cheering for the Bucs or Brady to do anything, myself.

happier ending for the bucs vs the typical viking heartbreak. 

09 scarred me almost as deeply as 98.

Not even close to the talent level.  The Bucs could add up all of the talent level on offense and would not equal the impact of an AD in his prime.  Brady has been seriously declining over the year, the Pats offense was able to cover him up for some time, but I don't see him being all that effective.  Gronk couldn't stay healthy before and I highly doubt after all the time off he will magically come back and be able to stay on the field.  They are the 2020 version of the 2019 Cleveland Browns, completely overrated.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Not even close to the talent level.  The Bucs could add up all of the talent level on offense and would not equal the impact of an AD in his prime.  Brady has been seriously declining over the year, the Pats offense was able to cover him up for some time, but I don't see him being all that effective.  Gronk couldn't stay healthy before and I highly doubt after all the time off he will magically come back and be able to stay on the field.  They are the 2020 version of the 2019 Cleveland Browns, completely overrated.  
I tend to agree. I think their defense is actually UNDERrated, but last year Tom Brady looked every minute of his 42 years. This year he's a year older, past the time when "old" QBs fall off cliffs (Moon, Flutie, etc). He's got some great weapons to work with in Evans and Godwin, but I'm not a big believer in Gronk this year. He's looked slow in camp. And I'm not a believer in either Ronald Jones, LeSean McCoy or Leonard Fournette. Their OL should be really good though. Historically, Brady has made average lines look good by his quick decision making. This might be the best line he's had in years. 

Nope. I don't see the Bucs going far. I think they are being hyped up because of Brady. There is some talent but I don't think there is enough. It will be interesting though.