Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fournette Released
I get to a degree the RB pov; In this era of NFL, they're either good enough via platoon or even dime a dozen.  

Not calling you out Jor-El, I think many purple fans underestimate how much the front office and staff values Cook.

Diggs was never the player the O was built around, Thielen either. The one time that was the case with DeFillipio.

That player is Cook.  Especially with Zimm as the old school hc. 

With David Montgomery hurt (and not really looking very good last year), Fournette could end up with the Bears. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I get to a degree the RB pov; In this era of NFL, they're either good enough via platoon or even dime a dozen.  

Not calling you out Jor-El, I think many purple fans underestimate how much the front office and staff values Cook.

Diggs was never the player the O was built around, Thielen either. The one time that was the case with DeFillipio.

That player is Cook.  Especially with Zimm as the old school hc. 

I don't doubt that the Vikings value Cook - I just question whether they really should. He was healthy about 4 games as a rookie, then limped around a lot of his 2nd and the offense could only rely on him less than half that season. Last year he was healthy and productive for 14 games, but that adds up to about 24 fully healthy games in his first 48. It's not just Cook, it's the nature of the RB position. They should not put too much reliance or money into him or any RB.

Name a RB that hasn't been injured in the last 5 years? Doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid. Think Saquon Barkley won't get paid?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Name a RB that hasn't been injured in the last 5 years? Doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid. Think Saquon Barkley won't get paid?
Name the last highly paid QB that has won a superbowl.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@StickyBun said:
Name the last highly paid QB that has won a superbowl.
? Tom Brady. Patrick Mahomes. Peyton Manning. Russell Wilson. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Mattyman said:
@StickyBun said:
? Tom Brady. Patrick Mahomes. Peyton Manning. Russell Wilson. 
Quote:Check.

Now name the last highly paid RB that has won a superbowl.  

Russel Wilson and Mahomes were on rookie contracts when they won their SB's. Brady, who knows what he was getting paid? Manning was well paid when he won for the time period.