Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumors: EG received contract offer from Minnesota
In addition to revealing the teams who have looked into signing the veteran pass rusher this year, Wolfson also reported that the Vikings have made a contract offer to Griffen since he became a free agent back in March.
He added that the offer was a low one, but an attempt to re-sign the defensive end this offseason was still made by Minnesota.
For those holding out hope for Griffen to eventually re-join the Vikings this year, this report is a positive one. It shows that Minnesota is still willing to bring the veteran pass rusher back for the upcoming season, it just has to be at the right price.
With the Vikings freeing up a bit more cap space this year due to defensive tackle Michael Pierce opting out for the season, perhaps they would now be more willing to increase their offer in order to get Griffen to re-sign.
At some point, the former Minnesota defensive end will need to take whatever potential contract is being presented to him if he wants to play during the upcoming 2020 season.
The Vikings and the rest of the NFL will be stepping on the field for their Week 1 game in about a month. So if Griffen wants to be doing the same, signing with a team will need to happen in the very near future.
https://thevikingage.com/2020/08/09/minn...act-offer/

I'd like to see him back. He's still got another solid year in him, IMO. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'd like to see him back. He's still got another solid year in him, IMO. 
At this point I agree...They can probably fit it cap wise for one season and the DL gives me some big concern. Anything they can do to add more bodies is a good thing - even at DE and not 1T. 

Like Lloyd once said "Pick him up"

There's nothing here to indicate that this wasn't the same offer that was made way back in March. If it were made after the Pierce opt-out, I might have hope for a little progress on that front.