Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Timberwolves for sale
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Jor-El said:
Headline says the Timberwolves are for sale, but the Tweet says Garnett and others want to buy the team. Isn't that a very different story? Until Taylor wants to sell, Garnett's "bid" might just be a publicity ploy.
I heard locally that Taylor was approached (unsolicited) with the opportunity to sell part of the team - he didnt officially have it on the sales block. Word is he would want to retain majority ownership, no moving the team out of state etc. 

Lots more to unfold on this one...
https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/...76841?s=20

This totally clears everything up. Smile

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@PurplePastor said:
I'm all for getting the team out of Glen's hands. We need an owner who knows basketball when it comes to hiring as opposed to keeping everything within the good ol boys' club - a club that has been one of the worst in basketball.
you mean the worst in all of pro sports...
I stand corrected. I want to argue, but it's not worth it. It would be like trying to argue whose excrement tastes better.  Confused

Quote: @Nichelle said:
And then there's this:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...32258?s=20
This would be interesting.

KFAN reported yesterday that Taylor had retained a search group to quietly find interested parties to purchase the wolves... sounds like he wants to gauge interest without letting it out publicly that he was looking to 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
KFAN reported yesterday that Taylor had retained a search group to quietly find interested parties to purchase the wolves... sounds like he wants to gauge interest without letting it out publicly that he was looking to 
Things like that don't stay quiet for long. 

Nice little ROI, purchased for about $88 million in 94 or 95, now valued at about $1.375 billion! Jeebus...