Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third time a charm? Or been there done that?
Quote: @Jor-El said:
I actually think adding weight will hinder him, not help. He doesn't have the frame for it - he has a LB frame and 255 is probably his max - he might have played even lighter in college. Now he will be musclebound and a bit less quick, and he is reportedly 290...do you think he will be a run-stuffing LOS controller? Hardly, even at 290 he is undersized at DT.
290 is not small for an undertackle. Aaron Donald is the best there is at 280. John Randle was 6-1, 244 lbs when he was (un)drafted. I think by the time he was chasing chickens (and Brett Favre), he was around 290. 

We just drafted a 290lb 3T who was the Big 12 defensive player of the year in Lynch. Arman Watts is also ahead of Hercules from what I saw last year.  Throw in Pierce, Jaleel Johnson and Shamar Stephen and Herc will be lucky to make the roster.

Quote: @RS Express said:
We just drafted a 290lb 3T who was the Big 12 defensive player of the year in Lynch. Arman Watts is also ahead of Hercules from what I saw last year.  Throw in Pierce, Jaleel Johnson and Shamar Stephen and Herc will be lucky to make the roster.
Exactly my thoughts. 

i think it was his inability to hold up at all in run support that led to this  weight gain,  without it he was to slow to be a LB and to small to be a DT and there isnt really a role for that guy in the NFL with its limited game day rosters.  time will tell if his quicks were sacrificed in the name of weight gain.

It sure would be nice to see Hurcules step up.  The team doesn't have all that much invested in him, and he remains on the roster.  Patterson and Zim must see his potential, so hopefully this next season is his break out season.  I'm rooting for him!

Don’t care who it is, but someone needs to step up at DT.

with camp and preseason being the next steps, i'd like to see him really stand out against talent with lesser experience. He's already flashed in these situations; i'd like and expect to see him dominate.

Now that I posted that, he'll be a roster lock who plays 10 snaps tops.