Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words from BRob

Love, compassion and respect is the theme. Very very good. His question to politicians will fall on deaf ears, thats just the nature of politics, Democracy is meant to be divided as a counterbalance. Kumbaya is a fantasy and not human nature. 

Change has to happen at the local level. Organizing and exercising the right to vote and exercising your first amendment rights are thekeys to change. You jave to win hearts and minds. Which is a really, really, really hard thing to do

His “We all matter” statement is fine if you believe his intent, which I surely do, but opens himself to crticism as it appears to encourage relativism when the driver right now is people of color having their lives devalued. 

Thanks for speaking up Brob, 

To the people full entrenched in the cancel/outrage culture, his message will unfortunately go in one ear and hit light speed as it shoots out the other.  I miss BRob and his leadership within our locker room.  I don't think there are many other players more respected than he is in our entire team history.  Because he was reading his words, as not to misspeak, his message maybe came off as maybe not 100% sincere.  I'm sure someone will break it down and twist his message to fuel their argument for their beliefs.  He didn't have to speak up and say anything publicly and risk being called a white supremacist or unwoke millionaire.  But I for one appreciate and respect the fact that he took that risk and spoke up.      

Totally agree, and we shouldn't expect every word spoken on the issue to be profound.  I am proud that he said it and he spoke quickly, glad to know where he stands.  Really doubt he said it to get our approval.

I'm an older guy, but one of the things my parents drilled into my head was "The Golden Rule"

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

It's not qualified by race / gender / sexual preferences / political beliefs / disability.

Pretty damn simple

Words to live by Van---unless it's a packer fan