Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, About That Trade Up In The First
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Mike Olson said:
I hate when teams leak info like this.

Not a leak. King was embedded in the Bucs war room. 
so our coach and gm werent allowed to be in the same room, but it was fine for the media to be in the bucs room?
They were all at the beach, so it was ok.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@Mike Olson said:
I hate when teams leak info like this.

Not a leak. King was embedded in the Bucs war room. 
so our coach and gm werent allowed to be in the same room, but it was fine for the media to be in the bucs room?
Just saw King on Colin Cowherd and King said he was "virtually embedded" so I'm guessing King was not in the same room but on Zoom or some other video conference type thing.

I'd love to know how the coaching staff honestly feels about Cleveland falling to them. Are they truly excited or are they acting excited because its the best they could do considering. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'd love to know how the coaching staff honestly feels about Cleveland falling to them. Are they truly excited or are they acting excited because its the best they could do considering. 
Well, unless Spielman is lying, he tried to move up into the early 2nd round to draft Cleveland. But he couldn't find a taker. He said he then looked at the team needs in the 2nd round and decided there was a  chance he could fall to them at #58. No, from everything I've read and heard, the Vikings were very high on Cleveland. Makes sense, too. He's a pure left tackle who fits perfectly into a zone blocking system. He's Brian O'Neill 2.0. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Well, unless Spielman is lying, he tried to move up into the early 2nd round to draft Cleveland. But he couldn't find a taker. He said he then looked at the team needs in the 2nd round and decided there was a  chance he could fall to them at #58. No, from everything I've read and heard, the Vikings were very high on Cleveland. Makes sense, too. He's a pure left tackle who fits perfectly into a zone blocking system. He's Brian O'Neill 2.0. 
I keep reading how weak the kid is, how he doesn't anchor well, needs to gain functional strength. Yet didn't he pop out 30 reps on the bench press? I'm confused. Its very hard for long-limbed dudes to put up big numbers on the bench even if they are strong, but 30 is pretty damn good for a 6'6" guy.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I keep reading how weak the kid is, how he doesn't anchor well, needs to gain functional strength. Yet didn't he pop out 30 reps on the bench press? I'm confused. Its very hard for long-limbed dudes to put up big numbers on the bench even if they are strong, but 30 is pretty damn good for a 6'6" guy.
I think that is a good question, it comes down to the difference between testing and play strength. The bench press is not a good overall measure of strength since it isolates the upper body. His lack of overall length also would suggest he'd have more bench reps. Tall <> Long Arms. Where he lacks is core strength, he gets pushed back when he can keep the DEs hands off his chest plate. O'Neill struggled with the same thing but lacked overall weight, Cleveland is at least a little better off there. Its just something that will take some time. 

My larger worry is how unrefined he is technically for someone with so many snaps. O'Neill played OT better coming into the NFL but had larger physical hurtles to overcome. Cleveland is a bit of the opposite. The part of the evaluation that we don't know is how much a lingering toe issue impacted his 2019 tape. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
I think that is a good question, it comes down to the difference between testing and play strength. The bench press is not a good overall measure of strength since it isolates the upper body. His lack of overall length also would suggest he'd have more bench reps. Tall <> Long Arms. Where he lacks is core strength, he gets pushed back when he can keep the DEs hands off his chest plate. O'Neill struggled with the same thing but lacked overall weight, Cleveland is at least a little better off there. Its just something that will take some time. 

My larger worry is how unrefined he is technically for someone with so many snaps. O'Neill played OT better coming into the NFL but had larger physical hurtles to overcome. Cleveland is a bit of the opposite. The part of the evaluation that we don't know is how much a lingering toe issue impacted his 2019 tape. 
I read that toe injury came after the second game and he didn't practice again all season. Just played in the games. That has to factor in. For me, the difference between O'Neill and Cleveland is Ezra is a natural 325 lb. kid....hell, he's already 320 lbs he said when drafted. Brian has to work like hell to keep his weight up. Agreed, he's not refined and really, almost raw. And you can see Ezra doesn't have core strength, he's soft in the middle. Lots to learn. I wonder if he can get there by the time the games start?