Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameron Dantlzer Draft Profile And Highlights
Thinking about the CBs - this group is wicked young but plentiful. I was dubious about the Dantzler pick at first but I see the performance and he looks like a future starter. If we don't add any veteran CBs, we have:
Mike Hughes, Holton Hill, Jeff Gladney, Cam Dantzler - I would see these 4 competing for the starting 3 spots.

Kris Boyd, Harrison Hand, Nevelle Clarke, Marcus Sayles - probably fighting for depth.
So, which of these guys best fits in the slot? Hughes played it a bit in 2018, and it seems like he and Gladney fit there. Do others see Hill and Dantzler as the more likely outside CBs?

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Thinking about the CBs - this group is wicked young but plentiful. I was dubious about the Dantzler pick at first but I see the performance and he looks like a future starter. If we don't add any veteran CBs, we have:
Mike Hughes, Holton Hill, Jeff Gladney, Cam Dantzler - I would see these 4 competing for the starting 3 spots.

Kris Boyd, Harrison Hand, Nevelle Clarke, Marcus Sayles - probably fighting for depth.
So, which of these guys best fits in the slot? Hughes played it a bit in 2018, and it seems like he and Gladney fit there. Do others see Hill and Dantzler as the more likely outside CBs?
If I had to pick today, it would be Hughes and Hill outside, with Gladney or Kris Boyd as nickel.  Those slot routes depend on alot of safety help. 

Gotta love Cam(the Needle) upside though. I think Boyd is more promising than Holt Hill

Dantzler might need time to put on some good weight. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
If he is really a 4.38 guy and only ran slow at the combine due to a sore hamstring....steal
I'm not sure I believe either time to be honest. There is only one CB who ever ran that slow and did anything at this level, and that was Josh Norman.

I do know that he was the one guy who shut down Ja'Marr Chase...apparently he was in his ear all game...between him and Gladney, aka The Vaccinater™, we are going to have some chatty CBs.
If his 40 is half way between 4.38 and 4.64, he's a steal. He was ranked as a low 1st, high 2nd before he threw up that duck at the combine. He doesn't look slow on tape. 
I'm sure that Combine 40 had scouts running back to the tape. What they saw was 1 TD given up in two years and erasing Chase. If we had traded up for him, or Cleveland for that matter, I would not have blinked. 

So far, each pick has represented, IMO, excellent value and need fulfillment. Had we found a way to land a 3T or G yesterday, it would be easy to call this Rick's Sistine chapel.
Definitely not complaining after years of WTF picks like Michael Boireau and Willie Offord. 
The days of Denny and Sherm resetting the board...
They drafted like they were drunk...and had zero cares or clues about consensus opinion. 

They drafted like they didn't have a defensive coach on the payroll.  D-Line was their particular blind spot.

Dantzler only allowed 36 catches on 568 coverage snaps in the past two seasons according to Mississippi State. He was impressive in press man coverage but he has a ton of off-coverage experience even some looks at safety. If his speed becomes an issue at corner in the NFL, he could potentially move to safety. If the Vikings don't sign Anthony Harris long term, could Dantzler be his successor? Harris was thin coming into the NFL also (183 lbs at the combine). Dantzler is a great value pick in the third round! Love it.