Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Browns 'unequivocally' not even discussing Odell Beckham Jr. trade with Vikings
Quote: @Zanary said:
Well, given the salary cap situation...I'l contribute...lessee, what've I got cash-wise...

...$28.57 CASH MONEY, plus the Vikings give a 4th rounder or lower.
I'll match your 28.57...(take a check?)...let Brzezzz work his magic....and POUNCE! 

[Image: vaskzk4dbut41.jpg]

(Bleacher Report...gotta be true Smile )

He's disgruntled.   Make him gruntled, Rick.  
(just make sure not to  take it in the grundle) 

Then go gruntle Trent Williams.  Harris and all those picks gotta be worth something.  

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2joetGgluqc

slipping production, injuries, and attitude---yeah get me some of that.

Hell to the NO

Wouldn't acquiring OBJ be like trading FOR Percy Harvin??

Quote: @Jor-El said:
If I'm the Wilfs, bleeding money through the pandemic, I need my income generating assett that I paid up to get to help out.

Let's pretend that there is a season AND fans can attend. How am I going to sell my Team that got it's collective ass kicked against a Team that lost the Super Bowl to my fans? My team that then proceeded to lose 7 Starters and 3 players that contributed in every game? That also had glaring needs at 3T and LG? That could only add 1 legit Starter in Free Agency?

I extend my QB. I start working on extending my RB, even though I know it's not a wise move with so many holes. They're the faces of the Franchise. Then I tell my lame duck GM to start sniffing around for trades for Big Name Players I can use to put butts in seats.

This is the most unorganized, schizophrenic offseason I can remember in ages. Countless articles have been written by Minnesota-focused and National writers about how little sense it makes. The reason it is so hard to understand is that the Wilfs are calling the shots and care more about revenue than winning right now. And I don't blame them. Their wallets must be aching. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Jor-El said:
If I'm the Wilfs, bleeding money through the pandemic, I need my income generating assett that I paid up to get to help out.

Let's pretend that there is a season AND fans can attend. How am I going to sell my Team that got it's collective ass kicked against a Team that lost the Super Bowl to my fans? My team that then proceeded to lose 7 Starters and 3 players that contributed in every game? That also had glaring needs at 3T and LG? That could only add 1 legit Starter in Free Agency?

I extend my QB. I start working on extending my RB, even though I know it's not a wise move with so many holes. They're the faces of the Franchise. Then I tell my lame duck GM to start sniffing around for trades for Big Name Players I can use to put butts in seats.

This is the most unorganized, schizophrenic offseason I can remember in ages. Countless articles have been written by Minnesota-focused and National writers about how little sense it makes. The reason it is so hard to understand is that the Wilfs are calling the shots and care more about revenue than winning right now. And I don't blame them. Their wallets must be aching. 
If they are bleeding money, it's due to the pandemic and possibility
games will be canceled or played without fans, and no player, on the
roster or potentially acquired, will have any effect on that.
Yes, OBJ only would make ANY sense from a "put butts in seats" perspective - but is that really a challenge? They have sold out every game since opening USB stadium. Attending is an event and 90% of fans will go whether the opponent is a dud or even if the Vikings are having a down year. Don't focus on hardcore fans like those on this board who can name every starting player and their backups - think of families and kids. Most of the casual fans didn't pay much attention to the departure of Linvalle Joseph or Josh Kline or have now forgotten.
The only player transaction from this offseason that most fans have noticed? Trading Stefon Diggs. There are a lot of Diggs jerseys and "Minneapolis Miracle Limited Edition Framed Prints" around this state and losing him may have broken some hearts. Does bringing in the ultimate prima dona WR who fights with his coaches mollify those Diggs fans - especially if you have been trying to tell them Diggs had to go because he was such a prima dona who couldn't get along with his coaches?
If the Wilfs are motivated only to get/keep fan loyalty, they should have kept Diggs. Tell Spielman to make him happy, tell Zimmer he's throwing the ball 40 times a game and a third of those targets go to Diggs.

I get that we are all trying to decipher "the plan". Maybe it will be clearer in 72 hours.