Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maroon Bells Underrated / Overrated list
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

IDL:
Overrated: Derrick Brown

S: 
Overrated: Grant Delpit,  Xavier McKinney

SOOO agree on the top two, Brown and Delpit.  And I looove SEC players, generally.  

Brown:  I watched game tape/highlights vs Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. 
            I'm sorry, saw nothing special.  Like you, highly question "motor" (those game tapes were when temps were not high, something to consider in watching game tape in the South in Sept)

Delpit:  Can't effing tackle.  Don't worry, Zim won't touch him, imo . 

McKinney:  Disagree.  Phenomenal athlete/playmaker with great instincts.  But I don't want a safety in first round, even if we trade Harris.  

I don't have nearly the resume on alumni you do, but I have "gone to the mats" for three  players, in recent years.  All in first/second round. 

I wanted/made a post for TE Hunter Henry over Treadwell. 
I wanted/made a post for  OG Will Hernandez over Hughes. 
I wanted/made a post for  WR DK Metcalf over Bradbury.  

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

IDL:
Overrated: Derrick Brown

S: 
Overrated: Grant Delpit,  Xavier McKinney

SOOO agree on the top two, Brown and Delpit.  And I looove SEC players, generally.  

Brown:  I watched game tape/highlights vs Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. 
            I'm sorry, saw nothing special.  Like you, highly question "motor" (those game tapes were when temps were not high, something to consider in watching game tape in the South in Sept)

Delpit:  Can't effing tackle.  Don't worry, Zim won't touch him, imo . 

McKinney:  Disagree.  Phenomenal athlete/playmaker with great instincts.  But I don't want a safety in first round, even if we trade Harris.  

I don't have nearly the resume on alumni you do, but I have "gone to the mats" for three  players, in recent years.  All in first/second round. 

I wanted/made a post for TE Hunter Henry over Treadwell. 
I wanted/made a post for  OG Will Hernandez over Hughes. 
I wanted/made a post for  WR DK Metcalf over Bradbury.  
It would've been pretty nuts to take Metcalf over Bradbury, considering we had just committed $30M to our WR position and hired an offensive guru whose TE2 sees more snaps than his WR3.

I think everyone wanted Hernandez over Hughes. But we still don't know the outcome of that one.

I would never take a TE in the first round, but Henry would've been better than Treadwell. Treadwell was the most obviously overrated player I've ever watched.

I like that you included Amik Robinson. He’s a smaller guy, but can ball. I see he was able to video tape a pro day and he ran well at 4.45. I think he has slot corner written all over him and is a feisty ball hawk. 

I know I recall the guys I was wrong on more. Godwin I nailed, but I was off on Strong and DBG big time. I was late to Marcus Peters camp, but I'm not sure either side totally nailed that one. I figured Gilbert at minimum made a difference on ST. I wanted Ponder in the third. 

Did anyone get Honey Badger right back in the day? 

If you did, are you an AWJ fan???

Nobody seems to have that bug but us locals.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Big fan of the Honey Badger. Would have spent a second on him. AWJ concerns me due to the injury history...he'd be quite the chess piece, but...he might spend too much time with Sugarman...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

I think he's the safest player in the draft. Can't miss type. 

Honey Badger was a great player, but he was a head case at LSU and was kicked off the team. It's why he dropped to the 3rd round. Mathieu ended up turning things around, but most don't.