Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft question for Geoff
Geoff, appreciate all the work you do and to be able to put it all here for us to discuss (civilly, of course!). I, like most others, love seeing your draft info and especially your mocks. 

Would it be possible to do a Top 5 by position, but tailor it to each prospect's fit with the Vikings and their schemes and how the team likens its draft prospects? There's just so many prospects out there, and although we can surmise how each MAY fit into the team's plans it may be easier to just see a Top 5 that best fit the Viking team strategy.

I know you must be quite busy, but just food for thought. Thank ya sir.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Geoff, appreciate all the work you do and to be able to put it all here for us to discuss (civilly, of course!). I, like most others, love seeing your draft info and especially your mocks. 

Would it be possible to do a Top 5 by position, but tailor it to each prospect's fit with the Vikings and their schemes and how the team likens its draft prospects? There's just so many prospects out there, and although we can surmise how each MAY fit into the team's plans it may be easier to just see a Top 5 that best fit the Viking team strategy.

thats a good ask!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:

thats a good ask!
Just thought that for some of us non-scouts that it'd be nice to see a list of players who fit our team profile, by position. It's easy to look at tons of mock drafts, but which of those guys fit our team's draft strategy. It'd make for an easier time trying to get a feel for possible future Viking players.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:

thats a good ask!
Just thought that for some of us non-scouts that it'd be nice to see a list of players who fit our team profile, by position. It's easy to look at tons of mock drafts, but which of those guys fit our team's draft strategy. It'd make for an easier time trying to get a feel for possible future Viking players.
there are a couple possible outliers here,  while the D and O should remain constant,  I wonder what Kubiak tries to change as OC/AsstHC vs just being an offensive advisor,  and what new wrinkles might we see from the D with the addition of Dom Capers?  This could somewhat change the players fits,  not likely to a great deal,  but it might shuffle some a bit.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@PurpleCrush said:
there are a couple possible outliers here,  while the D and O should remain constant,  I wonder what Kubiak tries to change as OC/AsstHC vs just being an offensive advisor,  and what new wrinkles might we see from the D with the addition of Dom Capers?  This could somewhat change the players fits,  not likely to a great deal,  but it might shuffle some a bit.
Agreed.

On another topic that I think is overlooked, at least from an O-Line perspective, is the expected leap in play from O'Neill & Bradbury going into their 3rd and 2nd years, respectively. Then, take into account that a change in philosophy like the one the Vikings did to go to a pure Zone blocking scheme takes a year or so for players to adjust, and I think the need is not as drastic as some may think. Would adding a blue-chip prospect help? Sure. I just don't think we should expect a bottom 10 type performance from the O-Line. JMO.

I should be able to put something together. I have a off the record board I track players I've watched, graded, etc.. But it is pretty easy to cater that to the Vikings scheme. Give me a day or two but I'll do it. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I should be able to put something together. I have a off the record board I track players I've watched, graded, etc.. But it is pretty easy to cater that to the Vikings scheme. Give me a day or two but I'll do it. 
Awesome! Thanks Geoff!