Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redrafting 2017
This is a great example of just how bad the NFL is at drafting. Think Burrow, Simmons, Tua, Okudah, Kinlaw, etc., are sure things? Look at this redraft of 2017. Less than half of the actual 1st round make this list, while there are quite a few 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and even a 6th rounder who do...Some busts from 2017's first round include Trubisky, Solomon Thomas, Corey Davis, John Ross, all of whom were taken in the top 10. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108100/article/2017-nfl-draft-doover-mahomes-to-browns-bears-skip-qb

True, but players like Trubisky and Ross had bust written all over them especially at that high of picks.  I would say this class is deeper and more talented than 2017

Quote: @Skodin said:
True, but players like Trubisky and Ross had bust written all over them especially at that high of picks.  I would say this class is deeper and more talented than 2017
Yeah, but somebody says that every year. It's super deep at wide receiver--in fact, I've never seen anything like it. And tackle might be a bit top-heavier than usual. But it's weak on the DL, LB and IOL. The other positions seem fairly typical to me.

Btw, it wasn't just the Bears who went out of their minds for Mitch. I can show you a dozen mocks that had him going in the top 10. 90% of which, ahead of Mahomes. What's more, if you read some of the stuff written about Patrick Mahomes, you could actually argue that he had "bust written all over him," too. 

The NFL Draft: an inexact science. 

Every Round the % of busts gets higher after the 1st. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Not to pick nits, but I would say the percentage of misses gets higher.   

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
Not to pick nits, but I would say the percentage of misses gets higher.   
That's fair. These are kids and projecting human potential is one of the trickiest things to do.

Which is exactly why I hate going into any Draft with holes that have to be filled. Unfortunately, this team has a lot of holes.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The NFL Draft: an inexact science. 

Or the science of being wrong more than a weather forecaster. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Except the 7th, hallowed ground of the Minnesota Vikings.

My Dad is a Bears fan and will be grumbling about this Draft until the end of time haha. Don't think I have the heart to forward this to him.