Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With A Surplus Of DL Talent
Could we swing a trade with Dallas or perhaps Tennessee for some like in kind OL talent?

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/0...sive-line/

Not likely to happen but it certainly merits discussion.

I would like to give our OL guys a little more time to gel once RR is back to full go.

Definitely a long shot to happen...I'd just hate to see one of these young DLmen end up on another roster...man, we need a clone of coach Dre for the OL...

I would say surplus of DE talent...

One cut-down day this year. Going to be crazy and there could be a good pick-up by the Vikes for someone that's not even on the radar yet. 

If not for OL help, how about for DB depth?

I think we have a bigger problem in the secondary

Funny how certain teams at certain times just cant draft or sign well specific areas of the team.  We just cannot catch a break at O-line in the draft or FA.  What I mean by catching a break is finding a diamond in the rough in later rounds or an unknown in FA.  We are very good at recognizing d-line talent but o-line forget it.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
Funny how certain teams at certain times just cant draft or sign well specific areas of the team.  We just cannot catch a break at O-line in the draft or FA.  What I mean by catching a break is finding a diamond in the rough in later rounds or an unknown in FA.  We are very good at recognizing d-line talent but o-line forget it.
maybe what they should do is once they have their top Dline rankings set.... go look at the OLinemen that those DLinemen didnt look good against and draft those guys.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
The difference is coaching.  Andre Patterson is regarded by many as the best DLine coach in the league.  A great coach will make many prospects look good.  With a shitty coach, only a select few players will look good, and they would look good with any coach.