Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My offseason plan
Quote: @FSUVike said:
We're lucky to have Maroon here with his incredibly well thought and explained analysis. Now, let's attack him! JK

I will double down on my drunken rant from last night. There is ZERO percentage chance that Mac Ax is playing in the Slot next year unless Rick makes him the highest paid Slot in the League. He never wanted to move inside and still believes (rightly so, IMO) that he's an Outside Corner. He wants the chance that Zimmer never gave him.

Also, Terrell reminds of that Corner from Missouri from several years back that everyone was so high on and I said would be a bust. Justin something or other. Think he went to Cleveland and then busted.

No way do I think Terrell will bust. But to me he's meh. Henderson and Fulton are one rung above him, Diggs and Hall et al on the same rung. Hope you're right but I envy-watch a lot of Clemson and don't see it. 

I'm starting to think unless Henderson or Fulton falls or a LT is there that Blacklock might be the guy.
I have no problem with you disagreeing. It's how we (um, you) learn. Wink

Justin Gilbert. And I was warning everyone about him for weeks. He didn't have the head to play corner in the NFL. Terrell is nothing like that. 

What I like about him is ideal size, length, speed (4.37 at his Pro Day), good ball skills and body control, and he's a playmaker. Had 6 picks, 160 return yards, 44 yard TD. He also delivers a really violent punch in press. He's moved even with Diggs for me. I have him behind only Okudah and Henderson.  Yeah, he didn't fare well against LSU, but who did? And I think that game is being used against him too much.  I think Fulton is a little overrated, and he worries me a little. He used someone else's urine for a drug test. I like Hall a lot, but we need corners who can play right now. 

I do like Blacklock, and I wouldn't be upset if he were the pick at #25. I just chose to fill that in free agency. 

I could see the Vikings negotiating with Mac Al, telling him they're going to give him every opportunity to win one of the outside corner spots, and then drafting one. But you're right, he's not happy and he could be gone. If so, take his money and give it to Kendall Fuller or Darquez Dennard. Be about the same.