Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp picks are out
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Sweet!
Gotta think we'll get another extra 3rd next year if Harris gets paid big elsewhere and as expected, we don't make any big FA acquisitions this year, right? Can someone who knows more about this stuff than I do confirm? Tyia.

Vikings 2020 draft picks-
1- #252- #583- #89, #1054- one pick5- none6- one pick7- four picks (!)
Yeah, since we will likely add only one or two discounted FAs, next year should be quite a haul of picks. Harris, Waynes for sure. Not sure how Griffen will fit into that. But also potentially Alexander, Kearse, Bailey, Treadwell, Weatherly, Mannion, Wilson.... 

At least one 3rd, if not two. Maybe a 4th and a 5th. Plus a shit-ton of late rounders. 
i beleive the most comp picks one team can. have is. 4

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:
Sweet!
Gotta think we'll get another extra 3rd next year if Harris gets paid big elsewhere and as expected, we don't make any big FA acquisitions this year, right? Can someone who knows more about this stuff than I do confirm? Tyia.

Vikings 2020 draft picks-
1- #252- #583- #89, #1054- one pick5- none6- one pick7- four picks (!)
Yeah, since we will likely add only one or two discounted FAs, next year should be quite a haul of picks. Harris, Waynes for sure. Not sure how Griffen will fit into that. But also potentially Alexander, Kearse, Bailey, Treadwell, Weatherly, Mannion, Wilson.... 

At least one 3rd, if not two. Maybe a 4th and a 5th. Plus a shit-ton of late rounders. 
i beleive the most comp picks one team can. have is. 4
Except the packers and the Patriots,  they are allowed to go to the podium when ever they want and make a selection. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Here's the thing, he's not the run-first QB from Bama and he's not the Air Raid kid from Oklahoma. The LSU pass rush kept him looking down the whole game when he has receivers open if he just navigated the pocket and made the throw. Instead, he panicked and ran out of the pocket for no gain or frequently a sack. He throws a pretty weak deep ball too.

But I freaking love his intangibles. Didn't air his laundry to the media in Bama when Tua replaced him. Not a big trash talker. Quiet leader that absolutely commands the locker room.

IF he can improve the deep ball and really improve his pocket presence than yep, I'm all for it. But no earlier than that comp pick. And I highly doubt he'll be there.
I'm open to exploring it if it means Cousins isnt extended. The two play two different styles of the position and it'll only create a QB controversy. Depending on how the first two picks go, Hurts in round 3 could make a nice draft.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@FSUVike said:
Here's the thing, he's not the run-first QB from Bama and he's not the Air Raid kid from Oklahoma. The LSU pass rush kept him looking down the whole game when he has receivers open if he just navigated the pocket and made the throw. Instead, he panicked and ran out of the pocket for no gain or frequently a sack. He throws a pretty weak deep ball too.

But I freaking love his intangibles. Didn't air his laundry to the media in Bama when Tua replaced him. Not a big trash talker. Quiet leader that absolutely commands the locker room.

IF he can improve the deep ball and really improve his pocket presence than yep, I'm all for it. But no earlier than that comp pick. And I highly doubt he'll be there.
I'm open to exploring it if it means Cousins isnt extended. The two play two different styles of the position and it'll only create a QB controversy. Depending on how the first two picks go, Hurts in round 3 could make a nice draft.
I agree with you but one could make the 'Redskins' argument for drafting him even if Kirk eventually signs an extension.

RGIII and Cousins.  Haskins and maybe Tua? If Tua beats out Haskins you trade him and he will absolutely have a market. Same if the opposite happens. 

Extend Kirk after a great year but keep developing Hurts and if he pans out you flip him or Kirk.

Now, that's the purely analytics approach. Human nature says that would give the media something to constantly harp on and not play well in the locker room.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@FSUVike said:

I agree with you but one could make the 'Redskins' argument for drafting him even if Kirk eventually signs an extension.

RGIII and Cousins.  Haskins and maybe Tua? If Tua beats out Haskins you trade him and he will absolutely have a market. Same if the opposite happens. 

Extend Kirk after a great year but keep developing Hurts and if he pans out you flip him or Kirk.

Now, that's the purely analytics approach. Human nature says that would give the media something to constantly harp on and not play well in the locker room.
I would agree with this and feel that has been the Vikings stumbling block for the last 25 years is not being proactive at the QB position in the draft. They always wait until it is a glaring need for that season to do anything.