Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FSU, Your Take?
Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State
One name that has caught a lot of buzz this month has been Florida State cornerback Stanford Samuels. At 6-foot-2, 190 pounds, he is a long, wiry, press man cornerback who plays with great instincts and fluidity at the line of scrimmage. He changes direction much better than you would expect for a defensive back his size, and it shows in his ability to stay attached to the wide receiver’s hip pocket in one on one looks. His length and leaping ability also play a huge factor at the catch point. The biggest question I have with his game though is his deep speed. There are a lot of times where he lunges and fails to recover because of a lack of acceleration. I think the number to watch in his 40-yard dash time is 4.55 seconds. Anything faster than that and it would be a win for Samuels. I’m just worried that his time will creep up towards the 4.6-second range, which could be a crushing blow for his draft stock.

[Image: l1qteeco76uq.jpg]

Agree with the assessment. How fast is he? He's certainly closer to the PJ Williams/Patrick Robinsons of the world than Rhodes or Ramsey. But in Zone Man hybrid I think he can be League Average or maybe a little better. He spends too much time singled up on burners he's going to struggle.