Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am more positive after that loss.
On one hand, preseason sucks because everyone is waiting for the regular season. But on the other hand, preseason is necessary because they have to work the kinks out before the regular season. Every step from mini-camp and ota's to training camp all serve a purpose. And each game of the preseason is supposed to be something to build on. I know it's vanilla and we don't get to see everything but it's a bit of a preview. And some guys are fighting for a roster spot. So as much as we moan and groan, it's one step closer to the regular season. 

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
 I will say BRob playing DT still gets the
respect of the O.  He ate up a double team that left Hunter one on one
for his sack.  Hunter was in the backfield more than just that one time
so I'm not taking anything away from him... just noting that BRob is a
complete football player and will be missed when he hangs up his cleats.  #20 isn't ready to be a starter, he had a bad night.  Newman looked old during the first 2(?) series. 
Noticed that as well.  BR taking up two blockers and Hunter ate up his guy in a hurry.  As you say, he will be missed when he is gone.

The OL did look better during the game, but the secondary play was ugly. Hopefully, Waynes and Sendejo can smooth over most of those issues, but I have concerns about our depth there. I liked Alexander in college and while he had a rough rookie season, I definitely expected him to step up more this season. Still time for him to get on track, but losing Munnerlyn will hurt at least in the short term.