Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need more reason to hate the Saints organization?
Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"KingBash" said:
@"Canthony" said:
Isn't this old news and hashed out already by the, "only the non believers opinions matter?"
Old news? It's two days old. 

And sorry, I should've figured being anti-kid fucking could even turn partisan with the religious crowd.

It was already hashed out on this site and the thread moved. The anti people that think only their way of thinking took over... Like always. Obviously I am against what they did, but it allowed people to take their shots because they think they are so much higher than the rest.
Well I legit didn't see that. If it were the Browns somehow involved, I wouldn't have tried to shoe-horn it in. But seeing as it's the awful organization that is the Saints, I figured, "ah, what the hell. Of course these scumbags would be aiding child molesters."

And yes, pumpf. I see you sticking up for it in this thread. Jesus would be proud.

EDIT: the *bold* above. What does that sentence even mean? Because people are pointing out that the Catholic church is wrought with child rape, somehow you interpret that as them being "higher" than the rest? Why not just take the stance of "yeah, this is wrong and changes have to be made?"
I'm sticking up for the comment that this kind of thing gives anti- religious people the excuse they need (as if they ever needed one before) to take their shots at Catholicism.  I'm not Catholic, and I think that the Pope is the anti-christ.  So I'm hardly sticking up for them.  If anything, I'm opposed to the folks who pretend that they are really, REALLY angry about children being sexually abused... yet they are silent about the fact that public school teachers are- BY FAR- the biggest sexual abusers of children (by percentages as well as raw numbers).  But those folks NEVER say anything about that; in fact, they will go to great lengths to deny it (despite the fact that it is an easily proven fact).  No one is defending the Catholic church; what their priests did... and what their leaders did to cover it up... are terrible things that should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.  But for the "high and mighty" folks that canthony was referencing, they only care about attacking Christians... not protecting kids.  You missed that in the other thread; but THAT's why he got the thumbs up.
Curious about these raw numbers.  not baiting, but that seems to be a lofty claim that teachers outmolest the catholic church
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

This was all I can find. And it wouldn't surprise me. I remember watching that show To Catch A Predator on Dateline NBC where they'd have hidden cameras and lure men into a decoy house. Definitely remember quite a few teachers.

The difference between the Catholic church and teachers is that teachers are necessary.

The systematic approach of the Catholic church relocation of pedophile priests has been well documented as well as their multi billion dollar layouts to victims. I can't find anything regarding teachers either. 

Teachers can marry.
I'm not Catholic but I had an elderly neighbor lady years ago who was.
She was pretty much a shut in the last few years before they moved her to the home. She had one regular visitor. He came to her home sat with her I met him. Father Patrick Clarke. Nice man I thought . 1st Catholic priest I ever really talked to.
Found out several years later he was secretly married to a woman the whole time.  He was defrocked.
Then after that  another from the same church was arrested for stealing church funds to pay off a gay lover.
I still believe a man like Father Clarke is more what they should want in their priesthood. Again I'm Protestant not Catholic so my opinion is just that.

https://apnews.com/febea176fb41354e08871d0e0cd8c527