Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did we learn about Vikings from the NFC title game?
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@FSUVike said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I think what I learned is resigning Anthony Barr was a mistake as I have hardly any confidence in him in pass protection. We should have used that money to get another guard (I know we tried). Wilson will get better...I hope, but boy do we need another LB who can cover. This FA is going to be a big one when it comes to the defense.
Barr helped in coverage on both Thomas and Kamara in the Saints game. The misdirection was problematic against San Francisco but really who on Defense wasn't struggling with it?

AB does so many things that don't end up on the stat sheet that allows Kendricks to be all over the field. You put Wilson in his place full time and I guarantee that limits Kendricks. 
You may be correct but Barr was statistically our worst starting LB by a long shot. Heck, he was graded lower than Gideon and Brothers. For the money I dont think we saw that much in return which is frustrating given his talent. Personally, I find myself saying "Come on Barr, make a play" instead of "Nice play there, AB".

That would be the problem with stats. They can be twisted to say whatever you want.
Brothers was in for the Aaron Jones sweep against the packers.  And as MB said, Wilson struggles with doing his job consistently.  Gap discipline is what keeps a defense solid.  Flashy plays are what get celebrated and sometime earn the bigger paychecks. 

Barr is an unselfish professional.  That doesn't get many kudos in the Madden era, but it is what earned him a nice paycheck as a hellova starting LB duo.