Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More details about job requirements for head coach in Cleveland

Stefanski neutered before he started...

I've known coaches who REALLY wanted to be HCs in the NFL... but turned down job offers because of stuff like this.  Either they weren't desperate enough... or dumb enough... to accept conditions like this.  Stef must've been REALLY desperate... 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
I've known coaches who REALLY wanted to be HCs in the NFL... but turned down job offers because of stuff like this.  Either they weren't desperate enough... or dumb enough... to accept conditions like this.  Stef must've been REALLY desperate... 
The interview with the same team came around again. I am thinking he thought it was the way to go. This just seems to take away credibility before he gets around the team. 

I see this differently. KS has a chance to be a head coach and we know these chances don't come often. He was lucky to get two shots at the same gig. He also has the built in excuse that his hands are tied based on the weirdness of the deal. If it works it means he succeeded despite the weird set up and he is a good coach. If he fails, he has the weird set up to blame while making head coach money. I think it's a risk worth taking. Who knows what would have happened in MN next year. At the very least he has a guaranteed 5yr pay raise.

No wonder they didn't take McDaniel.

5 years of guaranteed HC money instead of OC money, in a place where nobody's been successful since Marty Schottenheimer.  If he makes it out of there sans straitjacket, call it a $ucce$$.

McDaniels must have said 'no f-ing way' and hit the road. 

Stefanski called BS on this in his presser!  Smile

“It’s not true. I like that report. That was a good one,” Stefanski said.

On the other hand—

Greg, didn’t you just love Warren Zevon? Man, I did and do.