Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edwards Out - per Adam Schefter / Source

I may be in the minority and I like Edwards, but sometimes a coordinator change can bring better results.

I thought I had read somewhere that he was close to retiring. I wonder if that is the case because I couldn't imagine him being fired.  The defense has always been solid under he and Zimmer and they had a great working relationship as far as I knew. 

• GEORGE EDWARDSDL, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT[Image: 9339.jpg]
    Vikings fired DC George Edwards.Edwards has been coach Mike Zimmer's defensive coordinator since 2014. He was almost let go two years ago before the sides agreed to give it another try. It seems for real this time. Edwards has helped oversee some elite defenses in his time with the Vikings, even netting himself a head-coaching interview with the Bucs last year after talking with the Bears two years back. The 53-year-old (this week) should land on his feet. The Vikings now need new offensive and defensive coordinators after OC Kevin Stefanski got the Browns' coaching job.
    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on TwitterJan 12, 2020, 10:54 PM ET
  • [*]

Wonder if Adam Zimmer gets promoted? Should be Dre. Regardless, it will be Zim calling the shots on D. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Wonder if Adam Zimmer gets promoted? Should be Dre. Regardless, it will be Zim calling the shots on D. 
He should try just being HC for a change.

Paul Geunther? Might be available, and he worked with Zimmer for a long time in Cincy.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I thought I had read somewhere that he was close to retiring. I wonder if that is the case because I couldn't imagine him being fired.  The defense has always been solid under he and Zimmer and they had a great working relationship as far as I knew. 
Edward's choice here,  he wants the opportunity to call his own defense and that isnt happening under Zimmer.

Early speculation is he goes to Cleveland with Stefanski.

The turnaround in Atlanta started with Quinn giving up play calling and letting Morris run the D...Zim needs to do the same, but likely wont...