Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownies meeting w/Stefanski today...
Quote: @pattersaur said:
Hmm... Twitter Browns reporters are saying McDaniels interview lasted 7 hrs =), but he just left the facility... presumably without a deal Confused
Not good....There has to be a way where a franchise could set-up a nice succession to avoid turmoil and keep young, coaching talent.

Doesnt seem too difficult - give them an asst hc title, big check and a promise of the whole pie in a year or 2 down the road. 

You'd think the Patriots would be doing the same to keep McDaniels. 

I can see this working in a winning culture, not necessarily one where the owners want to flush everything including the GM.

If the Browns wanted to Hire McDaniels, wouldn’t they already have done it at this point as the interview was yesterday? Seems like they may be waiting to see the outcome of today’s game and go after Stefanski if the Vikes lose?

Quote: @Magnus10 said:
If the Browns wanted to Hire McDaniels, wouldn’t they already have done it at this point as the interview was yesterday? Seems like they may be waiting to see the outcome of today’s game and go after Stefanski if the Vikes lose?

This is where I'm at too. Whether we win or lose today, I'm braced for the news that Stef is their next HC to come out after our game. Hopefully we win so I'll just be happy regardless.

browns prolly leaking this to keep Mcdaniels price down

• [Image: CLE.png]
    According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, a decision on the Browns' new head coach is expected to come Sunday.A decision was expected Saturday but apparently the Browns were still deliberating. Josh McDaniels had been thought of as the favorite to succeed Freddie Kitchens, though neither of the GM candidates Cleveland plans to interview (Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry and Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds) have any connection to him. Kay Cabot also confirmed a report by ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Bills OC Brian Daboll, who had a "very strong" interview with Cleveland brass last week, has emerged as a dark horse candidate for the Browns' head-coaching seat. In addition to McDaniels and Daboll, the Browns have also conducted sit-downs with Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, Ravens OC Greg Roman, 49ers DC Robert Saleh, Eagles DC Jim Schwartz and Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski. Mike McCarthy also interviewed with Cleveland before accepting the Cowboys' top job.
    SOURCE: Cleveland Plain DealerJan 12, 2020, 9:33 AM ET

I have a feeling its going to be Saleh...

I can't see anyone watching the game yesterday and then hiring Stefanski.  

Here's the deal: Stefanski isn't getting all the credit others would because of Kubiak. I don't think Stefanski was every going to get a HC regardless this year. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
I can't see anyone watching the game yesterday and then hiring Stefanski.  
I hope you're right. But anyone making a hiring decision based on one game, with a thousand variables, deserves what they get.