Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins will put up huge numbers in New Orleans
Quote: @holmanjp said:
If Kirk wasn't guaranteed 29 mill this year and 31 next, and we were coached by an imbecile, he would have been on the bench after week 4 of 2019.
FIFY

You lose credibility 
@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
If Kirk wasn't guaranteed 29 mill this year and 31 next. He would have been on the bench after week 4 of 2019.
For Sean Fucking Mannion? You lose credibility when you say stuff like this.
If you don't understand that Zim made Sean Fucking Mannion the backup for just that reason.
You lose credibility
Dimmer wanted no QB controversy. If Kirk was not guaranteed so much.
MN would have had a better backup plan.

Kirk vs Bears
21.4 and 23.5 QBR

Sean Fucking Mannion with 2nd and 3rd stringers
24.7 QBR

Tell me again how Kirk is worth the money he got.

What are you going to tell us next? That Kyle Sloter was forced off the team cuz he was close to taking Cousins' starting gig?

Kirk is 4th in passer rating. He's 7th in ANY/A which proves he's not just taking checkdowns. That's higher than Wilson, Rodgers, Watson and Brady to name a few. He's 3rd in adjusted completion percentage. First in Play Action Passing. 8th in percentage of deep passes. 

That contract will look pretty spot on by the time it ends. And Keenum will still be a backup when that happens. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
You lose credibility 
@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
If Kirk wasn't guaranteed 29 mill this year and 31 next. He would have been on the bench after week 4 of 2019.
If you don't understand that Zim made Sean Fucking Mannion the backup for just that reason.
You lose credibility

Kirk vs Bears
21.4 and 23.5 QBR

24.7 QBR

What are you going to tell us next? That Kyle Sloter was forced off the team cuz he was close to taking Cousins' starting gig?

Kirk is 4th in passer rating. He's 7th in ANY/A which proves he's not just taking checkdowns. That's higher than Wilson, Rodgers, Watson and Brady to name a few. He's 3rd in adjusted completion percentage. First in Play Action Passing. 8th in percentage of deep passes. 

That contract will look pretty spot on by the time it ends. And Keenum will still be a backup when that happens. 
The most important thing you left out.

Kirk is dead last in winning games against good teams/games that matter.

Kirk in 2018 was the 2nd highest cap hit.

Kirk was the 2nd highest cap hit for any QB this year 2019 500k less than Stafford another 4000 yards every year passer.

Kirk as of right now, is the 3rd highest cap hit in 2020

Doesn't look spot on to me. 

If a QB is paid to win games a backup couldn't. MN should be the 2nd and 3rd best team in the league.
Not backing in as the 2nd best 6th seed (12th ranked playoff team)

Now if MN brought him in to have great/good personal stats. I stand corrected, and
he is the best man for the job!

Is it not odd this was not his best season out of the last 5, yet it's the most wins his team has had?
When he does less the team does better?

Very similar stat year to Case in 2017.

@suncoastvike said:
@Ralphie said:
[Image: bcnio2orjngm.jpg][Image: u824a7f359uh.jpg][Image: frqikdtv4e8e.jpg]
I'm so glad we chose pure talent over team chemistry.
That last picture is worth a thousand words in summing up what was working.
How's that pure talent thingy working now?
Kirk will piss down his leg Sunday. I wish I was wrong but can't see this ending any other way.
How many teams has Mr. Chemistry been on since this pic? Will he even be a Starter anywhere in the League next season?
Mr Guaranteed contract will and likely have still fewer playoff wins.
Case could have been had for a 2 year deal and we would have moved on already most likely. I agree with that. Kirk was a expensive mistake that we are stuck with now. One more before we can move on. I wanted to believe in Kirk he just hasn't given me much to go with when it's most important.

Cousins wasn't a mistake. He was the best option at the time. Imo.

Kirk vs Bears
21.4 and 23.5 QBR

24.7 QBR

whoa... I wasn't expecting that...

I think some fans expected 84 million guaranteed meant 3 Superbowls. 

@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
You lose credibility 
@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
You lose credibility

Kirk vs Bears
21.4 and 23.5 QBR

24.7 QBR

Kirk was the 2nd highest cap hit for any QB this year 2019 500k less than Stafford another 4000 yards every year passer.

If a QB is paid to win games a backup couldn't. MN should be the 2nd and 3rd best team in the league.

Now if MN brought him in to have great/good personal stats. I stand corrected, and

Is it not odd this was not his best season out of the last 5, yet it's the most wins his team has had?

What else you got?

@holmanjp said:
@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
You lose credibility 
@FSUVike said:
@holmanjp said:
You lose credibility

Kirk vs Bears
21.4 and 23.5 QBR

24.7 QBR

What else you got?
Very similar stat year to Case in 2017
Now Kirk has a playoff win also
Just like Case

And who will Case start for near?

Honestly, I like the guy. His moxy rubbed off on a team and franchise that frankly needed it.

But the Miracle was only needed because he threw yet another asinine Interception into coverage that started the Saints comeback. Diggs and Thielen were both Top 10 in contested catches that year. Might never happen again. Because good QBs don't throw that many passes at double covered or straight up covered WRs to have not 1 but 2 guys have to bail their asses out that many times.

Good QBs don't decide pre-snap where they going to throw it two-thirds of the time. Keenum does. And that's why he'll be out of the League in 2 years. Hope I'm wrong and he catches fire some place cuz he's a really good dude.