Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Jake Fromm
This is how I feel about the guy.....he smells more like his ceiling is QB2....

Fromm is a fascinating case. Limited physically. Off-the-charts intangibles. He'll win over coaches during the process. And he'll probably play a lot of years in the league.

Question is whether it's as a starter or backup.
Quote Tweet
[Image: veogk2Ap_normal.jpg]
Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
· 18m
Jake Fromm has an interesting decision to make. He had an up/down year but you can make the case he should still leave. He’s already started 40+ games in the SEC.
9:22 AM · Jan 2, 2020·Twitter Web App

60% of his OL out as well as his top RB limited to one carry yesterday...

There's a ton to like about his game...most of it won't show up at the Combine...would love to grab him in the third...

JAKE FROMMQB, GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Georgia junior QB Jake Fromm completed 20-of-30 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns in Wednesday's 26-14 win over Baylor in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.Fromm (6'2/220) gets to go finish the year on a high note after a disappointing junior campaign. His 8.3 yards per pass in this one was much better than his season average of 7.4 yards per pass. That being said, this game still captured some of what plagued Fromm all year: he only really had WR George Pickens to throw to. Most of Georgia’s receiving corps this year was either inexperienced or injured. Fromm, a high-floor and low-ceiling type of prospect, now has a decision to make about whether he wants to return for his senior season or jump to the NFL for professional coaching.
Jan 2, 2020, 12:36 AM ET

I think he is the type of QB,  that if he knew his true value,  could be a SB winning QB,  he has the ability to lead an offense as long as he has quality around him.   like KC he needs above average protection and weapons if he is to succeed.  These types of players need to learn that they can have short careers and get paid one nice deal,  or a long career if they leave a little for the front office to use to put a better team around them.  more success for the team will only lead to more opportunities for endorsements as well.

I have only watched Fromm a couple games this year and like his potential,  but not as a future HOF type guy,  but one that can kill in the right system with the right surround cast.

Fromm sparks a lot of interest here, and I know a lot is from several of you who really study and scout the college game well. But is there a special interest in QBs from Georgia - maybe because of Tarkenton memories? I remember very high interest in Aaron Murray a few years ago, even when the Chiefs had him. Just curious if some of you feel a special link there?

PROS: Appears to have good command of their offense and a good amount of responsibility at the LOS in terms of protections and audibles. Displays good poise and courage to hang tough in the pocket and deliver the football in the face of pressure. Has a good internal timer and pocket presence to feel the rush, while also displaying good mobility inside the pocket to side step and deliver the football. Has good accuracy in the short to intermediate areas and always throws a catchable football. Skill set is maximized when he is delivering the football on schedule. Very good competitiveness and efficiency to convert 3rd downs at critical moments in the game. Has shown the ability to change his arm angle to get the football where needed. He will be a QB who wins due to his cerebral play and his ability to take care of the football, not due to his physical attributes. Has shown good leadership in moments of adversity over the course of a game and is a winner, which is critical for the position 
CONS: He has average overall athleticism for the position and lacks ideal size for the position. Due to his lack of good overall athleticism, will struggle to extend plays with his legs in the NFL. Not an ideal fit for RPOs and will not be a threat to the defense as a runner. Will not make a ton of plays off schedule. Lack of arm strength shows when throwing a 7 route for the opposite hash. Will not be able to consistently avoid athletic defenders in the NFL
Updated: 10/27/2019

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Fromm sparks a lot of interest here, and I know a lot is from several of you who really study and scout the college game well. But is there a special interest in QBs from Georgia - maybe because of Tarkenton memories? I remember very high interest in Aaron Murray a few years ago, even when the Chiefs had him. Just curious if some of you feel a special link there?
I dont think his school has anything to do with any interest... I am betting the majority of Vikings fans couldnt tell you where tarkenton went to college.

The kid has shown some poise and moxie,  and has decent arm talent,  and doesnt appear frail.    I dont think he is going to make anybody pound the table,  but like Barr says,  if he could be gotten in the mid rounds I think he is worth taking a shot at.  if nothing else he seems smart enough to get us off the need for a veteran #2 pretty quickly which would open up some cap space.

He fits a lot of what we do on offense...Georgia's was heavy on run...he is more advanced in that he made line calls and wasn't dependent on the sideline for presnap reads...the mental aspect of the game is where he will win...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
That's a karma bonus...

He's got a tough decision to make...Hopefully he's got good advisors.