Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kirk Worthy of Top 5,10,15 QB Money
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
There are 4 or 5 elite QB's for 32 teams.

If GB gets another one after Rogers? I may turn in the fan-card for good. Thank your football god Chi screwed the pooch passing on Mahomes and Jackson. 

Vikings are going to need to do three things, its simple, but hard and has been discussed here already by the smarter heads on the board:
  • Draft a QB who has potential to learn and grow over a few seasons. Hopefully someone with some athleticisim
  • Re-sign Cousins to a friendlier team deal 
  • Double-down on OL (especially left side)
Mic drop...
Been talked about...Rick doesn't have a clue about QB's or building OL.
Time for change.

In a perfect world, Cousins would put winning over another record deal...He's got more money than he'll ever need...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Vikings are going to need to do three things, its simple, but hard and has been discussed here already by the smarter heads on the board:
  • Draft a QB who has potential to learn and grow over a few seasons. Hopefully someone with some athleticisim
Mic drop...
This is what I want as well. As you mention, athleticism has to be higher up on the 'want' list as the game has evolved. The kid can sit and learn pressure-free. 
The sit and learn pressure free thing is kinda bullshit though. They might learn some things but every year theyre not QBing is another year we’re not getting the benifit of the low salary. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Mic drop...
This is what I want as well. As you mention, athleticism has to be higher up on the 'want' list as the game has evolved. The kid can sit and learn pressure-free. 
The sit and learn pressure free thing is kinda bullshit though. They might learn some things but every year theyre not QBing is another year we’re not getting the benifit of the low salary. 
I can understand that, but its not like he's going to start. Cousins is going to start, at least one more year, probably more with a new contract. It ain't bullshit if you can afford the luxury of having a QB sit for awhile. Most teams that take them high can't or at least not for very long. Minnesota won't be taking a guy high, he'll be more than likely round 3-5. I guess if the right kid fell, round 2 but doubtful. Much less pressure when a guy isn't taken in round 1. 

Can they get a "No MNF Games" guarantee in that contract?  If so, maybe.

Until Monday night I was feeling better about Cousins than I have since he got here, but he proved again that he plays his absolute worst when the lights are brightest, so in no way would I pay him top dollar after next year.  And I know I sound like a broken record, but they need to draft a QB or two every goddamn year until they finally hit on a long-term franchise QB for once in my lifetime.  

Once again, the QB cupboard is completely bare behind an aging, expensive FA veteran QB.

No matter what they do with Cousins, they absolutely have to get a young QB or two with potential behind him.  I was really hoping they had that finally with Sloter, but I guess Mannion and his wealth of experience and career QB rating of 66.4 was just too valuable to let go (insert huge eye roll here).  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Mic drop...
I can understand that, but its not like he's going to start. Cousins is going to start, at least one more year, probably more with a new contract. It ain't bullshit if you can afford the luxury of having a QB sit for awhile. Most teams that take them high can't or at least not for very long. Minnesota won't be taking a guy high, he'll be more than likely round 3-5. I guess if the right kid fell, round 2 but doubtful. Much less pressure when a guy isn't taken in round 1. 
To what end if you reup Cousins and lets say you do draft the next Wilson. Will you ever know?  Or will it be like garapolo (lol sp??) where you study him up just to trade him away with an even older aging veteran who could quit at any time?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:

Mic drop...
To what end if you reup Cousins and lets say you do draft the next Wilson. Will you ever know?  Or will it be like garapolo (lol sp??) where you study him up just to trade him away with an even older aging veteran who could quit at any time?
Drafting QBs should be something Minnesota does anyway regardless. Like I said, doesn't have to be a top 15 pick in round 1. Some teams do it way more regularly than others. Cousins has been an Ironman that way since he's been in Minnesota as far as starting every game. Drafting QBs is so difficult and the strike out factor is high. Keep swinging. Or in Minnesota's case, take a damn swing for once. 

Against good teams, or in prime time, Cousins looks & plays like the 4th rounder he was... 

it seems we’re trying to race Ferrari’s w/ an old conversion van!