Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projecting Jefferson's contract extension
I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that it could be a $200mm/5 year deal.
Hoping it will kick in next season (he's still under contract for $19,700,000 this season) and effectively extend it for six years.

I am going out on a limb that it will have a base of $35mm/year with roughly $25mm in additional incentives, such as making the Pro Bowl, All Pro, leading the league in receptions, Offensive Player of the Week...anything they can throw at him...I'm sure that they can find ways of incenting him even further...Brezinski is good at crafting this.

This suitably trumps both Browns...A.J. Brown at $32 mm x 3 years and Amon Ra St. Brown at a $30mm/year extension. 

With the QB position costing us a bit modestly this year ($10mm to Darnold and the first year of JJM's $3.973 cap rookie deal), this gives them more wiggle room to do what everyone wants done.  

Just my wishful thinking on an otherwise slow sports day.

I think it will come down to much in guarantees.

So obviously Jefferson and his agent are asking for the kind of contract that currently doesn't exist for a WRer.....and Minnesota is trying to mitigate that a bit or it would be done by now.

(05-16-2024, 04:14 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: So obviously Jefferson and his agent are asking for the kind of contract that currently doesn't exist for a WRer.....and Minnesota is trying to mitigate that a bit or it would be done by now.

There was an article that said his agent hasn’t done many extensions at this point in the season. It could explain why there’s a delay?

(05-16-2024, 07:56 AM)AGRforever Wrote: There was an article that said his agent hasn’t done many extensions at this point in the season. It could explain why there’s a delay?

Been curious about the delay, hopefully this is all it is.