Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL has a nice group of QBs under 28 years old
Its the lifeblood of the league and what puts fans in seats, clicks, views and those giant TV contracts and ratings. Apparel sales. All those good things that keep the NFL King. 

• Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Burrow, Josh Allen, Mayfield, Watson all in that 27-28 year old range. 
  • Kyler Murray, Herbert, Hurts, Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, Jordan Love, just a step younger around 25-26 years old. 
  • And then the youngest guys: Purdy, Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson, Levis, and all 6 of this year's rookies, Williams, Daniels, Maye, Penix, McCarthy and Nix (remains to be seen on all the rookies) 

That's 23 out of 32 starting positions, that's 72%. That is very high and exactly what the NFL is looking for: matchups of marquee names where the games are competitive and QBs lead the way. Faces of each franchise. And you still have older guys like Matt Stafford, Cousins, Prescott, Russ Wilson, Jared Goff, Derek Carr and even Geno Smith that have name value, previously won a Super Bowl, etc. 

The NFL and its fans have to be giddy about this development, its great for business and fandom.

Tagovail
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

lmao, you can just say any shit on TV today as long as people watch or click. It doesn't need to make sense. You don't need to defend yourself, you just toss it on the wall. 

https://twitter.com/Ria_Martin/status/17...0363285875

NFL Network needs a housecleaning...I dont even have them programmed into my pre-sets for Sirius Radio.

Thats an interesting look at the QB's and the NFL is fortunate. We'll see how many of those in the 3rd tier stick over time. This years latest class will be an interesting one especially.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(05-03-2024, 08:13 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: NFL Network needs a housecleaning...I dont even have them programmed into my pre-sets for Sirius Radio.

Thats an interesting look at the QB's and the NFL is fortunate. We'll see how many of those in the 3rd tier stick over time. This years latest class will be an interesting one especially.

When you have a 24/7 channel on just one sport, its going to be stupid at times as they try to create content to fill the time. I can't stomach the NFL Network.

The NFL is King because each Sunday is an event. Every game is important. For me, I still love the Sunday morning feeling leading up to gametime. A little anxious and building excitement. Would be a bunch of fun for Minnesota to hit on McCarthy and have the guy under center for 15 years.