Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A letter to NFL GMs by Michael Penix Jr.
LOVE the EKG comment. Yup. Kid's got moxie.

I'm hoping we cannot give away the store and we stick and pick and take Penix. I think he is as likely to pan out as any QB in this draft except Williams.
[-] The following 2 users Like dadevike's post:

There’s no such thing as reach. That’s something make believe that Mel Kiper came up with. Team boards do not look like media boards. That’s why they are so often wildly off. We all like to think of the draft as a science or that some technical analysis will show the way, but the reality is it’s crapshoot because humans are too damn complicated.

This is why I don’t care if they pick a “reach”. It’s a purely make believe claim and I refuse to let some media pundit dictate how I feel about my team.

The Vikings could trade up to 2 and take Michael Penix and I wouldn’t bat an eye. I’d worry, probably like them about the injury history, but there’s no reason his actual play says he’s not worthy of the pick. His 22 is much better than two of the “first tier” guys. If he’s the one KOC sees as the best option, I’m jacked to see what he can do.

One thing I can say about the group this year, none of them rub me the wrong way. They are all like-able to me and that’s not usually the case. Even Caleb and his weirdness, he still comes off as a decent kid.
[-] The following 3 users Like Havoc's post:

I’m sure he’s a great kid with an equally great publicist. I just don’t think you draft a lower level prospect at QB that’s going to require you to completely reverse every concept you’ve already installed because he’s left handed.

If he were a no-brainier Tua-type…. Yeah go ahead. I just don’t think you flip everything for the 5th best QB in a class
[-] The following 1 user Likes CFIAvike's post:

(04-23-2024, 04:27 PM)Havoc Wrote: There’s no such thing as reach. That’s something make believe that Mel Kiper came up with. Team boards do not look like media boards. That’s why they are so often wildly off. We all like to think of the draft as a science or that some technical analysis will show the way, but the reality is it’s crapshoot because humans are too damn complicated.

This is why I don’t care if they pick a “reach”. It’s a purely make believe claim and I refuse to let some media pundit dictate how I feel about my team.

The Vikings could trade up to 2 and take Michael Penix and I wouldn’t bat an eye. I’d worry, probably like them about the injury history, but there’s no reason his actual play says he’s not worthy of the pick. His 22 is much better than two of the “first tier” guys. If he’s the one KOC sees as the best option, I’m jacked to see what he can do.

One thing I can say about the group this year, none of them rub me the wrong way. They are all like-able to me and that’s not usually the case. Even Caleb and his weirdness, he still comes off as a decent kid.

I agree, Havoc. I wouldn't have an issue with any of the top 6 QBs in this Draft. 'Reach' is such a hilarious term given by media and fans that assess 'value' to each draft pick. There is no value if the commodity doesn't produce or bring value to the team by making plays. Only intrinsic value.

I'll say this about Penix: he's got the look of a NFL starting QB. I could easily see the Vikings liking him.

https://twitter.com/DeionSanders/status/...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fcollege-football%2Fnews%2F2024-nfl-draft-deion-sanders-blasts-media-critics-for-ridiculous-analysis-of-qb-michael-penix-jr%2F

from r/minnesotavikings
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I'm starting to really warm up to Penix