Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want to talk DeSantis?
Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
We are getting all the contenders, Iowa, lot's of 1 on 1 local news interviews.  It's fun to watch our governor audition for VP, she just don't care who it is, there's a term for that. 
has yours been bitten by the botox bug yet?

No, I think she will end up getting miss congeniality, she talks a lot, but never says anything.  Have you heard her yet?  Her tag line is "We are Iowans, we know what to do".
thats a fuck ton better than "Meth,  we are on it"
Ouch, yeah that says something, Nebraska's Tourism slogan has to be the best,
"Nebraska. Honestly, it's not for everyone"
I LOVE IT!!!  might consider retiring in nebraska except it is not warm in the winter or tolerable in the summer,  pretty much the definition of purgatory.  and not shit for lakes.

Kristy was attempting to say that our DEPS was cracking down  on Meth trafficking,  but unfortunately that was not the message that the liberal media chose to project,  was a prety good black eye on pretty Kristy's resume.  I am not a fan of some of her actions,  but her overall track record follows the principals of middle America conservatives. ( except when a major campaign contributor tells her to shut it down on things that go against their bottom line.) Am definitely not a fan of her nepotism and using her position to sell herself as a P or VP candidate, but with the exception of a west river rancher who happens to be a democrat,  havent seen anything that says to vote against her.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
I think I’m on the Vivek Ramaswamy train. 

Young, articulate, decent foreign policy. Seems to check most the boxes that I’d like. 
He checks a lot of boxes for me too...

I just dont know if this one will catch fire or not. You need so much big $ and PAC support to sniff POTUS.

The name will scare many away unfortunately. 

But hey, if it can happen in Britain...

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
  I don't know when it changed, but it appears to me that the Republican party now wants to make national mandates on social issues (such as abortion, transgender issues, education, etc.).  Maybe this is just a regional distinction (compare Sununu to DeSantis), but it is very striking to me.
You know I like you VO.  Tell your friend Rob Shan.  that my son got his book, for his birthday. He read the personal autograph, whipped it open, and by chance landed on the 
picture of Ronnie James Dio.(his fave rock singer) ...so....this book was "legit", lol.  Tell him thanks, and ready to order Vol 2! 

But I have to take SERIOUS issue on this take (Repubs making national mandates). 

We're (conservatives) out here enjoying life! 
& then, the SCOTUS nationalizes homosexual weddings.  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/equal-protection-of-law-protects-gay-marriage/
& then, CRCT curricula starts wending itself into local schools. https://www.nctsn.org/sites/default/files/resources/special-resource/being-anti-racist-is-central-to-trauma-informed-care-principles-of-an-anti-racist-trauma-informed-organization.pdf
& then, trannies start taking over children's library story hours.  https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/message/right---i-dont-want-to-be-beaten-up-by-trannys-32595673
& then, Riley Gaines doesn't want to compete vs dudes  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/riley-gaines-tells-congress-held-ransom-san-francisco-state-unsure-could-leave-safely
& then, Disney starts pushing movies with a "woke" agenda. https://fism.tv/walt-disney-lost-123-billion-while-pushing-woke-politics-in-2022/
& then, America is systemically racist!  https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-11-16/poll-many-americans-dont-believe-systemic-racism-exists

& there's SO MUCH more.  Name a "radical" GOP mandate, & I'll give you the Dem/lib causative agent.  Do it! 

My counter-contention, is simply this.  
(We) conservatives are not seeking national mandates on anything, until we're pushed/shoved to respond.  
(We used to "respond" to nothing....and then came talk radio)

As long as you're "pining" for NorthEast legislators to "strike a balance".....
Soft Dem Daniel Patrick Moynihan forecasted liberals were "going too far".  Defining Deviancy Down 
Soft Rep William Bennet forecasted the same. The Death of Outrage

^^ there are 2 NE "moderates" that agreed America was on the wrong course, yrs ago. 
So let's not pretend the striking differences are anything new. 

There is absolutely NO DOUBT this country is drifting left-ward, via MSM, Hollywood, & Academia.  Do you contend this?
What do conservatives own?  AM talk-radio?  

So cry me a river over DeSantis being amongst  the most popular Guvs in America. 
So cry me a river over Trump (at this point) destroying Biden.  

"Sad" becuz GOP pushes back...every so often...and pining for the "old days" when the GOP'ers laid-down, as long as they
were still getting invited to the right happy hours.

And btw, if you're so disgusted with us (southern-controlled GOP)...we're more than happy to secede.  Smile

Hi Savannah, I like you too.  Thanks for giving me a coherent reason why Republicans are less interested in pushing legislature down to the state and local level.  I do think that such a reaction is contrary to what I always viewed as the guiding principle of the Republican party.  Yes, the country is drifting left-ward and has been for decades -- the New Deal, Civil Rights, Obamacare.

DeSantis runs, I'm voting for him.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
finally!!!  you and I agree on something!  now as long as I am checking the boxes... where is Maroon? :p

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
finally!!!  you and I agree on something!  now as long as I am checking the boxes... where is Maroon? :p
Now that might not end up being a box you check lol! 

Well that didnt go well on Wednesday...

Forget about the poor technical execution, to pair up with a nut like Musk imo was a mistake. 

How is DeSantis going to win an election pandering to win among the Trump base & resonate among voters in swing states? 

They cant feel good about how that went and the optics of it all. 

Im trying to find reasons to like this guy. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Well that didnt go well on Wednesday...

Forget about the poor technical execution, to pair up with a nut like Musk imo was a mistake. 

How is DeSantis going to win an election pandering to win among the Trump base & resonate among voters in swing states? 

They cant feel good about how that went and the optics of it all. 

Im trying to find reasons to like this guy. 
Its early yet, PF. Long time until the election. Trust me, his team has a plan......and the GOP has their fingers crossed it works. 

I've watched DeSantis often down here in Florida, here's my take on what will make or break him: how he handles tough questions. He's not great at it because he hasn't done much of it, especially nationally. He's used to controlling the narrative in the safe confines of Florida. If he can't stand being on the hot seat nationally, it will be a major blow. We'll see.

you are a delusional if you think Ron has a chance at beating Don.  Trump has a vice grip on the party and the GOP has been leaning more and more into his hands for the last 6 years.  They cannot unwind it unless completely fracturing the party.  With this antiquated Electoral System, winning is about slim margins.  How do you win a national when your party is split?

here are the facts:

Trump’s not quitting

and if by some miracle by Ron, that gets the nom, Trump runs as an independent

Trump is not giving up this cash cow nor spotlight (means more to him than anything) and on election day his people are voting for him regardless of party affiliation by his name 

Biden gets 70 million votes
Ron gets 50 million
Don gets 20 million

truly pathetic considering how bad liberals are at elections and candidates

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
you are a delusional if you think Ron has a chance at beating Don.  Trump has a vice grip on the party and the GOP has been leaning more and more into his hands for the last 6 years.  They cannot unwind it unless completely fracturing the party.  With this antiquated Electoral System, winning is about slim margins.  How do you win a national when your party is split?

here are the facts:

Trump’s not quitting

and if by some miracle by Ron, that gets the nom, Trump runs as an independent

Trump is not giving up this cash cow nor spotlight (means more to him than anything) and on election day his people are voting for him regardless of party affiliation by his name 

Biden gets 70 million votes
Ron gets 50 million
Don gets 20 million

truly pathetic considering how bad liberals are at elections and candidates
Liberals are great at rigging elections via colluding with the media, harvesting votes, and putting the right people in place supposedly counting the votes.  They’ve really learned how to expand and properly rig the vote for all situations within the swing districts.  Makes up for the corrupt, inept, and figurehead leaders they put forward.