Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL.... first it was the gun makers fault, now its the car makers?
Seriously,  how far will some go to not blame the action on the criminal committing the act?  Whats next,  the bank had money in it... they owned a nice house... she smiled at the guy... why cant it just be about punishing criminals?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/202...kia-hyund/

So, so stupid. Ellison....STFU.

This feels like everyone pointing fingers at each other instead
of doing their jobs.

Should the cars have immobilizers.  Probably. 
Are they not following the law. 
There’s no law that says they need them. 
Should there be a law that says cars should have them.  Probably. 
Do cops make an actual effort to arrest the criminals who steal
cars?  Not really.  Is Ellison doing anything but
grandstanding?  No.

Absolutely Grandstanding
Shameful Kia/Hyunda cut corners in this regard

Soon as these vids hid social media/youtube, it took off like a bad virus (lol)

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely Grandstanding

Yep, it is both. The grandstanding I despise. But also, just make it so the cars are harder to steal. Its not a huge deal. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely Grandstanding

Yep, it is both. The grandstanding I despise. But also, just make it so the cars are harder to steal. Its not a huge deal. 
No, it's really not both.  lol  This is idiot government.  Should we also throw individuals who forget to lock their cars in jail as well?   

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely Grandstanding

No, it's really not both.  lol  This is idiot government.  Should we also throw individuals who forget to lock their cars in jail as well?   
You can cling to that thought, but KIA/Hyundai need to sell cars. And the more consumers get educated about how easily thieves can do so, their sales will suffer. People are idiots, I see it in South Florida all the time: they leave their cars unlocked overnight in their driveways. Do they deserve to have something stolen because of that? Of course not, but its a reality and thieves want it easy. So you don't lock the doors to your house overnight then? I mean, people aren't supposed to illegally enter, isn't that enough for you? See how dumb that argument is? You lock your doors and its infinitely harder to enter your home, same with your car.

The grandstanding is stupid. But other carmakers make it difficult to break into their customer's purchased vehicles. Its called added value in the real world.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Absolutely Grandstanding

You can cling to that thought, but KIA/Hyundai need to sell cars. And the more consumers get educated about how easily thieves can do so, their sales will suffer. People are idiots, I see it in South Florida all the time: they leave their cars unlocked overnight in their driveways. Do they deserve to have something stolen because of that? Of course not, but its a reality and thieves want it easy. So you don't lock the doors to your house overnight then? I mean, people aren't supposed to illegally enter, isn't that enough for you? See how dumb that argument is? You lock your doors and its infinitely harder to enter your home, same with your car.

The grandstanding is stupid. But other carmakers make it difficult to break into their customer's purchased vehicles. Its called added value in the real world.

but do we need the top cop to go after the auto maker,   or the criminals?  seems to me ellingson needs to stay in his lane and let the private market take care of what features are worth auto makers time and money.  Like you say,  the consumers will get educated and they will take care of KIA and Hyudai themselves.  IMO Ellingson should have said nothing more than to issue a public statement about those brands being targeted by thieves more than others due to their lack of security features... no more than when burglars are hitting a given area,  cops beef up patrols to catch the criminals and issue public statements to raise awareness,  they dont go after the home builders for not having adequate security measures that make the homes less of a target.

i wouldnt buy something I know is an easy and cheap target,  but I dont think we need big brother going after private companies wasting tax dollars that should be used for punishing criminals.  this is akin to a states attorney going after the phone companies or internet providers because their customers are getting scammed via their devices or services.

So should the Feds have regulated a min amount of safety security on cars sold in this country or state by state?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
So should the Feds have regulated a min amount of safety security on cars sold in this country or state by state?
That's different than anti theft.  How much say do you want big brother having over your purchasing options?  Or if you were a mfg,  how much regulation do you put up with before you say fuck it I'm out?

Maybe if top cop and those below him put some effort into taking thieves off the street, instead of looking for somebody else to blame    it wouldn't be a money shit free for all?