Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can the Timberwolves end the 33 year drought?
Hey, they aint dead yet!!

Down to Game 7...
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

They got punched and they punched back. Great response to being down in the series. Game 7 it is

So what gives NBA viewers? Why has this series been lopsided wins back and forth?

Man, the Wolves absolutely destroyed the Nuggets. I was actually rooting for the Wolves to take this to a game 7. Should be fun to watch. If the final is the Celtics vs either the Nuggets or Wolves, I will be a happy man.

(05-17-2024, 10:55 AM)AGRforever Wrote: So what gives NBA viewers?  Why has this series been lopsided wins back and forth?

The games have been downright awful in that regard...Not good watching for sure.

(05-17-2024, 10:55 AM)AGRforever Wrote: So what gives NBA viewers?  Why has this series been lopsided wins back and forth?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I think if NFL teams could play a best of 7 series for each, you'd get similar results. Not necessarily the lopsided wins, but good teams wouldn't necessarily win 4 straight against lesser teams. In the NFL we tend to assume that the winner was, is and will always be the better team. I don't think that's true at all. I think it just means they were the better team that day. ...if that makes any sense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(05-17-2024, 12:51 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I was actually thinking the same thing. I think if NFL teams could play a best of 7 series for each, you'd get similar results. Not necessarily the lopsided wins, but good teams wouldn't necessarily win 4 straight against lesser teams. In the NFL we tend to assume that the winner was, is and will always be the better team. I don't think that's true at all. I think it just means they were the better team that day. ...if that makes any sense.

100% agree with this...

There would be a Lombardi @ Eagan today if the NFL were best of 5 or 7. 

For sure the Vikings would have won vs at least the Steelers in a best of sb series.

I suspect 98 might have been able to beat the Bronco's too.

(05-17-2024, 10:40 AM)Vikergirl Wrote: They got punched and they punched back. Great response to being down in the series. Game 7 it is

You like your Mustang Fastbacks huh?

My first car ever was a 69 with a 289...Miss that thing.

The Wolves and Nuggets will play at 7 p.m. Sunday and be televised on TNT.

The Pacers-Knicks Game 7 in New York will be played at 2:30 p.m. Sunday and televised on ABC.

Oddsmakers have the Nuggets as five-point favorites to win Game 7 at home and move onto the Western Conference finals.

The Western Conference final series would start on Wednesday. If Oklahoma City advances, it would host the first two games. If Dallas advances — the Mavericks hold a 3-2 series lead going into Saturday night's Game 6 in Texas — it would be on the road at either Denver or Minnesota.

I wonder how much more money does the NBA make when a series goes 7 games rather than 5 or 6?