Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk is pissed about Penix
(04-25-2024, 10:02 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-...QyJfg3z-I3

Let's be real, it's Kirk Cousins does he have it in him to be angry? More likely he feels this a one big kerfuffle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigbone62's post:

Who can blame ATL?

a 36 year old QB coming off an achilles???

S hit, I had Turner going to them @ 8 all day too.

Lofl
[-] The following 4 users Like purplefaithful's post:

If you look at that division, the Falcons should be battling the Buccaneers for that division so why not pick a player that can help you win now? Kind of reminds me just a little when we picked Culpepper in 99 rather than pick Kerse which would have helped us get over the hump.

Just before the pick, Cousins' agent Mike McCartney tweeted, "Bout to be shocked." Indeed.

This is absolutely perfect and not at all what he expected. Oh well

Can't recall the thread from a couple days ago, but I had posted the "possibility" of ATL taking QB. I'm not really the "told ya so" type ('Cause I'm usually wrong about everything... I'm married...) but I was still shocked by their selection
[-] The following 2 users Like Vanguard83's post:

Who knows who will pan out and who won't but man I really wanted McCarthy over Penix for this team. So ATL going QB, but not JJM, is hilarious with the Kirk angle of it.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding all of our trades- maybe we do wind up getting a little something from ATL for the 2025 draft. Comp picks + maybe something there and we won't be totally bereft of picks. Can always trade down in the first to recoup some as well.

What a night!
[-] The following 3 users Like pattersaur's post:

Dumb. The Falcons did nothing to help win NOW with that pick of Penix. I can tell you Arthur Blank had to be talked down by the GM after that selection. Cousins and his agent are furious. Kirk will have zero room for failure or the Penix chants will start. So so stupid. Penix will be 26+ years old before he ever sees the field, outside of injury.

I get part of this, but at the same time the Falcons are in win now mode with Kirk.

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status...7327153179
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-26-2024, 04:00 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Dumb. The Falcons did nothing to help win NOW with that pick of Penix. I can tell you Arthur Blank had to be talked down by the GM after that selection. Cousins and his agent are furious. Kirk will have zero room for failure or the Penix chants will start. So so stupid. Penix will be 26+ years old before he ever sees the field, outside of injury.

I get part of this, but at the same time the Falcons are in win now mode with Kirk.

Falcons really have the makings of a top offense. Instead of getting help for their new investment, which would've been the smart move, they took a backup QB in the top 10 and enraged their starter. 

I've heard a few draft insiders say this was the dumbest pick in NFL draft history.

(04-25-2024, 11:00 PM)FLVike Wrote: If you look at that division, the Falcons should be battling the Buccaneers for that division so why not pick a player that can help you win now? Kind of reminds me just a little when we picked Culpepper in 99 rather than pick Kerse which would have helped us get over the hump.

Who was going to throw the ball in that case to get us over the hump?  Culpepper was the best deep thrower in our history and was part of our most exciting years offensively.  He took us to a NFC championship game and had one of the best playoff performances by a Viking in our amazing win over GB in Lamblow.  Unfortunately, he was not the same after his injury, but by far was the right pick.