Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Lewis Cine make the roster?
Everything physically about Cine screamed take me...He was a stud in college and I was stoked to get him at the time.

Lets get real - his problem is in between his ears. He's either stoopid and or in his own head.

I dont think its easy to get out of a Flores dog-house either. Whats protecting him now is the cap hit.

I can’t imagine he’s cut any sooner than the last possible minute, but I think he’ll have to be contributing much more value by the end of training camp if he wants to keep his job. At the very least he should be playing more special teams. He’s fast and physical, why is he not a gunner that I notice?
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

I didn't think the team could produce another LaQuon Treadwell career arc so soon after the original.

We were hurt by the inexperience of Kwesi in that draft, you would think a first time GM would have played it safe and taken Hamilton or the DT, however he resorted to his trader side unfortunately, so instead of taking ball four he tried to hit a bad pitch out of the park and missed badly!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

(05-03-2024, 09:36 AM)JR44 Wrote: We were hurt by the inexperience of Kwesi in that draft, you would think a first time GM would have played it safe and taken Hamilton or the DT, however he resorted to his trader side unfortunately, so instead of taking ball four he tried to hit a bad pitch out of the park and missed badly!

I don't think it had anything to do with experience. It was just a miss, like every GM has. Ryan Pace messed up the Mitch Trubisky trade....and he served as the general manager of the Chicago Bears from 2015 to 2021. Before that, he worked in the New Orleans Saints' front office for 14 years. GM John Lynch is praised beyond belief for Purdy, yet he made the trade up for Trey Lance...a complete debacle. Its part of the job for a GM to have hits and misses.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(05-03-2024, 09:00 AM)medaille Wrote: I can’t imagine he’s cut any sooner than the last possible minute, but I think he’ll have to be contributing much more value by the end of training camp if he wants to keep his job.  At the very least he should be playing more special teams.  He’s fast and physical, why is he not a gunner that I notice?

I think he was doing just that when he broke his leg. Cine will get every chance to make the team considering this is likely Harry's last year. But damned if Flores didn't seem to prefer Jackson over Cine even when he was healthy.

(05-03-2024, 10:23 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think he was doing just that when he broke his leg. Cine will get every chance to make the team considering this is likely Harry's last year. But damned if Flores didn't seem to prefer Jackson over Cine even when he was healthy.

I’m mildly curious as to how his rehab went.  Was he the same speed and explosiveness last year as when we drafted him and him being on the side is purely a mental limitation or did he lose some of his elite athleticism that might improve over time.  What I don’t get is how elite athleticism doesn’t give you all the gunner snaps.  I think if this is an injury problem and he just doesn’t have his burst and needed an extra year of rehab, than sure give him every chance to get better.  If he’s just too dumb or too lazy to figure out Flores’s scheme, he’s not really in the running for Smiths job and if he’s also not beating out generic low draft picks or UDFAs for ST, I’m not sure how much you want to keep him as opposed to a CB or ST with value or keeping Hall as a second development QB.

If his 2024 production is the same as his 2023 production, I think you need to trade him for a 6th or something and hope someone will take him off your hands for you like we did to Reagor.

I agree. This is 95% going to be a miss by Kwesi for whatever reason. That said Cine was rated by most draft followers to be a nice pick in that range.

As for the hindsight stuff, Hamilton was not a fit according to Geoff so take that for whatever it is worth. No one else at that slot has really done much.

I go back to what I have said before, we fans only know a part of the story behind these evaluations, all the mental emotional maturity stuff is hidden to us.

We have 3 good safeties on the roster and a 4th, Ward who appears to have a chance to contribute.

I think the only way Cine makes it is if he shows out on special teams, which he should, because otherwise if we only keep four safeties (Smith, Bynum, Mattelus and Jackson/Ward) as is standard...it's going to be an uphill climb for him to make the roster

I can’t speak to what’s between his ears or his study habits, but he didn’t look healthy to me last year. At least not in the sense that he was moving like he did in college. He had a severe injury not only from a physical standpoint, but a mental one as well. If I were the team I’d have him seeing a sport psychologist and consider it as important to his rehab as physical training. It can take time to get over really traumatic injuries even after physical recovery.

I’d really like to see him work it out.