Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings cap space
(05-03-2024, 11:59 AM)kmillard Wrote: With all the WR talent in the past draft it would have been nice to have had another 3rd or 5th. I would have taken Braeden Rice late in the draft, not sure why he fell so far.

To me, receiver and not going DT until round 7 were the two big omissions in the draft. But with limited draft picks you can't cover everything
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

WR depth is an issue, but we're not even filling WR 3 to the degree KJO did. Not unless someone steps up as a surprise.

(05-03-2024, 04:11 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: WR depth is an issue, but we're not even filling WR 3 to the degree KJO did. Not unless someone steps up as a surprise.

I agree with that, and if we have an injury with Hockenson also likely on the shelf at least the first six weeks of the season, and we are going to be in trouble. Powell is a good kick returner and a decent depth guy, but he's not somebody you want to count on to be a consistent threat in the receiving game. N'Keal Harry has never been reliable. Ditto on Nailor. I think they were probably waiting to see what happened in the draft before making a move, but nows the time to bring in someone who has at least been reliable at some point in their careers. I thought OBJ would have been a great signing with his relationship woth Jefferson but that ship has sailed and there's not many boats left on the dock.

(05-03-2024, 04:11 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: WR depth is an issue, but we're not even filling WR 3 to the degree KJO did. Not unless someone steps up as a surprise.

Agree, I'd welcome an upgrade, but we are talking about WR3 here. For example, the Lions WR3 is Kalif Raymond, who's a Brandon Powell clone in terms of size and production. 

For a team who runs a lot 12 personnel it's probably not a huge priority. If Nailor can stay healthy, he'll give Powell a run for his money. And don't forget Trent Sherfield, who might be better than both of them.