Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy: Vikes bring back James Lynch
And release Jojuan Williams

I think this is a really solid under the radar move. Although Lynch has underachieved as a pass rusher ( I believe due to his man muscles slowed him down and bulked him up). He is solid against the run.  I would pencil him in as a starter if healthy in 5 man run heavy sets.

Just don't see it. May see time as a situational run stopper but could just as easily be a camp cut.

(05-15-2024, 01:52 PM)Bullazin Wrote: And release Jojuan Williams

I think this is a really solid under the radar move. Although Lynch has underachieved as a pass rusher ( I believe due to his man muscles slowed him down and bulked him up). He is solid against the run.  I would pencil him in as a starter if healthy in 5 man run heavy sets.

He flashed a few times on his 1st go round, but I think that was under Donatell. Could be he's a better fit for Flores. God knows, we don't have a lot of competition for him.

You had me at "release Joejuan Williams". Everything after that was gravy.
[-] The following 2 users Like RS_Express's post:

His familiarity with Flores from last year is a bonus, even though he suffered an injury during Training Camp and was a non-factor on the field all season. But let's be honest folks, even if he had a breakout season this year, he's never going to be an Aaron Donald, a Ndamukong Suh, a Chris Jones.

(05-16-2024, 02:22 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: His familiarity with Flores from last year is a bonus, even though he suffered an injury during Training Camp and was a non-factor on the field all season.  But let's be honest folks, even if he had a breakout season this year, he's never going to be an Aaron Donald, a Ndamukong Suh, a Chris Jones.

Most will never be Donald, Suh or Jones. Hopefully he can be serviceable in Flores scheme.