Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can the Timberwolves end the 33 year drought?
(05-29-2024, 09:49 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: A Celtics/Wolves final would be pretty sweet. Likely not going to happen, but if the Wolves win the next game at home, I wouldn't count them out. One game at a time. 

Still, I hate all Dallas teams with a passion, so in some ways watching my Celtics annihilate the Mavs would be even more fun.

Selfishly, I'd hate that. I've been a Celtics fan about as long as I've been a Vikings fan...which goes back a looooong way.

I think my family followed the Bruins and Celtics after the Lakers and North Stars moved, which is why we have two Boston teams. I just know who I was raised rooting for.

It wasn't too bad, though: I started really watching basketball just in time to see a certain freckled guy from Indiana take Boston to a few championships.

In any case, if the 'Wolves make the Finals, I'd be torn. I've cheered for the Celtics all my life, but...cheering against anything from Minnesota is difficult, even for this NoDak.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

So your telling me there's a chance. Big Grin

https://x.com/10k_Takes/status/1795677587207000553

Not tonight.

Well, put the champagne away and don't light the fireworks and let's move on to year 34 of this drought.

(Yesterday, 07:14 AM)FLVike Wrote: Well, put the champagne away and don't light the fireworks and let's move on to year 34 of this drought.

Drought is over...

MN just won the PWHL Championship

It was a really fun year. Gotta find a PG of the future but this team will be in the mix for a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

(Yesterday, 08:14 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Drought is over...

MN just won the PWHL Championship

but even in the state of hockey.... how many people even knew that they were in the finals. Its like the WNBA, its something to watch and technically since they are getting paid its a "pro"
championship.... but does it really count in this conversation?

(Yesterday, 11:59 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: but even in the state of hockey.... how many people even knew that they were in the finals.  Its like the WNBA,  its something to watch and technically since they are getting paid its a "pro"
championship.... but does it really count in this conversation?

I was only counting the Vikings, Twins, Wild , and Timberwolves. But actually we are still in year 33 until the Twins don't make it to the World Series, then we move on to year 34.