Vikes D-Line coach praises, Bower/Johnson/Weatherly

StickyBunStickyBun Posts: 15,502King
I think I saw it yesterday in a Sid Hartman column? Said that those 3 have significantly changed their bodies this offseason: much bigger and stronger. Mentioned they came to make an impact this season. Good to hear. 

Comments

• Jor-ElJor-El Posts: 2,362Jarl
    Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde, so they better be extremely serious about their camp. I would be pretty surprised if more than 2 of those 4 make the final roster this year. (Jalyn Holmes could be a combo DT/DE, making it even tougher for them.) It would be awesome if even 1 of the 4 is good enough to be a significant part of the DL rotation.
  • greedirongreediron Posts: 8,868King
    Gonna need someone to step up as 4th DE.  Would love to see Bower as he is the physical freak type.
  • StickyBunStickyBun Posts: 15,502King
    @Jor-El said:
    Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde,
    Neither of those guys will get an active roster spot. Practice squad. Arunde is raw as sushi. 
  • suncoastvikesuncoastvike Posts: 2,258Jarl
    @Jor-El said:
    Weatherly and Bower are in a massive fight for roster spots with Odenigbo and Arunde,
    Neither of those guys will get an active roster spot. Practice squad. Arunde is raw as sushi. 
    Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 
    JimmyinSDVanguard83MaroonBellspumpf
    ''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''

• PonifanPonifan Posts: 200Thrall
    edited July 2018
    @Jor-El said:
    Odenigbo can make it with a team, but it likely won't be the Vikings.  His game is different, more the old style LDE.  Nothing wrong with that, but the Vikings seem to be moving away from it.

and I disagree on Aruna, he looks like Weatherly to me in the sense that the Vikings may not want to expose him on the PS even if he is not ready.  He could really throw a monkey wrench into the final roster decision.  He could be a replacement for Weatherly this year.
    Post edited by Ponifan on
  • MaroonBellsMaroonBells Posts: 15,024King
    @Jor-El said:
    Ugh I hate sushi. A sliver of raw fish wrapped around seaweed is not food. If It's a little chunk of raw fish it's bait to catch something nice to fillet and cook. 
    Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.
    suncoastvikepumpf

When in doubt tell the truth - Mark Twain

• JimmyinSDJimmyinSD Posts: 17,213King
    @Jor-El said:
    Same. Seems like every week someone from work asks if I want to go out for Sushi. I'm from Montana. I was born on the banks of a blue ribbon trout stream. And I've cleaned way too many fish to stomach eating raw ones now. Ish.
    I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   
    but yeah... its bait wrapped in pond scum. :p

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.
    MaroonBellsgreedironsuncoastvikepumpf
    Why isnt Chuck Foreman in the hall of fame?

• suncoastvikesuncoastvike Posts: 2,258Jarl
    @Jor-El said:
    I tell people... you see any oceans around here?    the the best sushi (so i've been told) is fresh sushi and living in the midwest if its fish and we can afford it... its either not sushi fish or its not fresh.   

honestly i am sure if I ever got real good authentic sushi I would probably like it.  I am just not willing to try it in the midwest.
    I live 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I also really like fresh fish. I can get daily caught at the marina.  Man harnessed fire for a reason is my motto about eating them. 
    I've caught some nice spotted sea trout in the intercoastal channels. Salt water but still yummy.  What we don't get here and really miss is good walleye.
    ''A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and a great quarterback ~ and not necessarily in that order''

Yeah, always hated fish when I was in NoDak.  Then I got some real cold water pacific salmon.   I love good cold water fish. The stuff we ate in the midwest was not good.

Yeah, always hated fish when I was in NoDak.  Then I got some real cold water pacific salmon.   I love good cold water fish. The stuff we ate in the midwest was not good.
    cold water perch or walleye fillets are really hard to beat.  my favorite is halibut though.  I am not a real big salmon fan myself.

edited July 2018

cold water perch or walleye fillets are really hard to beat.  my favorite is halibut though.  I am not a real big salmon fan myself.
    never found any cold water in ND.  Wasn't into fishing much back then in the dry 80s. 

Love halibut.  But good salmon is hard to beat.   Just caught a couple of lake trout here in deep waters of north Idaho lakes. Grilled them up last night.  was a huge hit.
    Post edited by greediron on
  • Viking1987Viking1987 Posts: 1,147Jarl
    @Jor-El said:
    Living in Kalispell Mt  I find  it  funny to hear also red people raving about the sushi they had around this   valley idiots I'll pass
  • grpapegrpape Posts: 12Thrall
    Wait. You guys and gals didn't like the fish sticks we used to get at lunch in the cafeteria at school?  :p 

Talk about questionable fish.

I'm born and raised in Hawaii. Yup good sushi is fantastic! Gotta have it with some Sake and ice cold beer!
    lol, grumpy ol' bastards and their hate of sushi! Love it. Its actually delicious, I'm a fan. We have 3 sushi places in walking distance of our house. 
    WetlanderHappyViking
  • grpapegrpape Posts: 12Thrall
    lol, grumpy ol' bastards and their hate of sushi! Love it. Its actually delicious, I'm a fan. We have 3 sushi places in walking distance of our house. 
    man you're so lucky. We moved to Virginia and I haven't had sushi in years. Sure I see it at the local markets and fill ups, actually picked it up a couple of times, but just couldn't actually buy it. Man I miss it so much! 

Have a couple of unagi and hamachi for me next time you go.
    StickyBun

never found any cold water in ND.  Wasn't into fishing much back then in the dry 80s. 

Love halibut.  But good salmon is hard to beat.   Just caught a couple of lake trout here in deep waters of north Idaho lakes. Grilled them up last night.  was a huge hit.
    Uhm....all the water in ND is as cold as it gets about 5 months out of the year....it was under those towns with no trees and little tiny houses.   =)
    greedironRS ExpressIDVikingfan

@grpape said:
    man you're so lucky. We moved to Virginia and I haven't had sushi in years. Sure I see it at the local markets and fill ups, actually picked it up a couple of times, but just couldn't actually buy it. Man I miss it so much! 

Have a couple of unagi and hamachi for me next time you go.
    I never even had tried sushi 10 years ago, but when my wife finally broke thru after trying for years, I loved it. It doesn't taste fishy at all, it tastes clean and delicious. My wife eats sashimi mostly, she doesn't want the rice and loves Uni. 
  • WetlanderWetlander Posts: 3,241Jarl

Same...  my wife and I have a local place that has GREAT sushi.  I'll surprise her every once in awhile and bring home two rolls of our favorites.  Love it!

BOOM

And for those that don't like sushi...  try the cooked kind first.  If you like it, branch out a bit.  If not, well...  more for me, StickyBun, and our women!

BOOM

StickyBunHappyViking
  • HappyVikingHappyViking Posts: 3,080Jarl

And for those that don't like sushi...  try the cooked kind first.  If you like it, branch out a bit.  If not, well...  more for me, StickyBun, and our women!

BOOM

I'll have some too, Wet.  I don't eat it often, but I like it.  My problem is trying to get full .  Seems like I have to eat a ton of it. B)
    Wetlander

BOOM

cooked kind?  isnt sushi by definition raw fish?  i eat plenty of cooked fish.

BOOM

No, it's actually not.  Sticky's wife likes sashimi, which is raw fish wrapped up with no rice on the outside (if I remember correctly).

Sushi is just anything served with the rice and other ingredients.  Could be raw fish, cooked fish, eel, octopus, vegetables, etc.
    JimmyinSD

BOOM

No, it's actually not.  Sticky's wife likes sashimi, which is raw fish wrapped up with no rice on the outside (if I remember correctly).

Sushi is just anything served with the rice and other ingredients.  Could be raw fish, cooked fish, eel, octopus, vegetables, etc.
    Hmm.  Interesting.  I am guessing most people think raw fish though when they hear the word sushi.