Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breaking: Vikings will suck in 2024
The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
Per@GManzano24 he's predicted the #Vikings to go 3-14 and also said they are the least improved team in the #NFL ?

"I would have felt better about the Vikings had they traded up to get Drake Maye in the draft. Instead, they waited to take J.J. McCarthy, the 5th QB selected in the draft. McCarthy was impressive during Michigan’s playoff games, but he has boom-or-bust potential because he wasn’t asked to do much in Jim Harbaugh’s run-heavy offense. Minnesota could lean on veteran Sam Darnold, but he struggled with making quick decisions during his time with the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers... Minnesota didn’t do much to address the weak interior lines on offense and defense. There are also concerns with the CBs. And there could be a case made that Danielle Hunter is better than FA addition Jonathan Greenard... Perhaps I’m being too harsh with my 3–14 prediction, but there are too many concerns at critical positions."

There's nothing like a little brutal honesty, but he touched on some good points such as the status of both sides of the interior lines...I think though, the Vikings will have a better record than 3-14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArizonaViking's post:

I suppose its possible, but I think very improbable. I don't think there's any way at all the Vikings don't have a rough start to the year. I think I predicted 7 to 8 wins, if I remember correctly. I guess I'd be surprised at 3 wins. Typical media to forget the wholesale injuries that decimated the team last year. IMO, its too talented a roster for just 3 wins. But yeah, Sam Darnold is starting so they won't be great. Duh.
Seems like this guy is boo-hooing over not getting Drake.....which was never going to happen. Dipshit time with this guy.

Vikes didn't wait to draft JJ, they aggressively tried to trade up for Maye. Sounds like a guy who should stick to covering his team.

I thought the funniest part of the entire quote is "And there could be a case made that Danielle Hunter is better than FA addition Jonathan Greenard" Really, so the 4x pro bowler may be better!? Surprised he didn't follow that one up with a "a case could be made that Kirk Cousins is better than Sam Darnold". Definitely a good laugh!
[-] The following 3 users Like JR44's post:

This just feels like the type of journalism that just turns the dial one way or the other to get reaction clicks.

While I certainly wouldn’t predict us dominating this year, as it’s our first year in the building of the rebuild and our QB position doesn’t have a proven good player yet, I don’t think 3-14 is remotely possible. 3-14 is for teams that are overwhelmingly shitty at a lot of positions and probably also have coaching issues as well.

3-14 probably requires a slow start combined with JJ getting a season ending injury in week 3, Hockenson’s recovery taking the whole season, 2 of our edges getting injuries, etc. I think it’s very likely that we could struggle heavily and still get 5 wins. Like just for reference, we got 3 wins in half a season, with Dobbs, Hall, and Mullens at QB, with our defense getting injury depleted, and JJ missing 4 of those games, and we added talent to that squad.
[-] The following 2 users Like medaille's post:

it could happen, he has a valid point or two... but there is nearly zero chance this teams only gets 3 wins. I would put the floor at 5 wins, most likely 7-8 wins, but wouldnt be terribly shocked if they ended up with 9-10 wins.

The IOL is still going to be an issue until we get a center that isnt built on roller skates and a couple of guards that can get some push when we need to run the ball. Our IDL needs to show that they can get a pash rush as well as stuff the run, I think our DBs will look a lot better when they arent asked to cover for 10 seconds on every pass play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

I'll be happy to take his money if he puts it on the line... No way they only win 3 games
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I would rather have JJ and Dallas Turner and next years #1 instead of trading up to get Maye. Judging qb's that might be better than somebody drafted a few picks later is just stupid. I think this team is going to surprise people. Seems like Flores got some guys in free agency and the draft he thinks can contribute to the defense. Offense, yea it would have been nice to bolster the interior line but then with the receivers we have along with Chandler and Jones in the backfield maybe the line will be average this season.
[-] The following 7 users Like Greylock's post:

Looking at it long term, I hope the guy is right. It's a very low probability that the Vikes are going anywhere this year, and I'm sure I'll feel sick to my stomach watching a 3 win season, but we can take the 1st pick of next year's draft and swap it to a QB hungry team for a boatload. Instead of treading in mediocrity the way we've done for years, go for broke for once and forget this competitive rebuild.