Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Woodward: Rage
Where to start, where to start?  How about right here.

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/...02946?s=20

Who Trump really is and why so many continue to support him just defies description. There is no vocabulary for it. 

When he said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters," he was exactly right. He knew then that he had them and couldn't lose them. No matter what he did. And so when he lied about the virus, comparing it to the flu, despite the fact that he knew exactly how deadly it was, he knew his supporters would not only believe him, they would repeat his talking points all over social media. And they did. And still do. 

And so his response to this will be to deny it. Again. It's fake news. Media's out to get him. Woodward is a liberal. It's always the same. And his supporters will get the message, as all others before it, and send it out en masse. 

And the election will come and he will either be re-elected or come very close to it. It just boggles the mind. 

yup, much of his base won't give a shit. I think. 

He's horrific, moronic, indefensible filth...

...but then, so is putting forth a pair of babbling imbeciles with piles of racist quotes and pending rape charges.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Who Trump really is and why so many continue to support him just defies description. There is no vocabulary for it. 

When he said "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters," he was exactly right. He knew then that he had them and couldn't lose them. No matter what he did. And so when he lied about the virus, comparing it to the flu, despite the fact that he knew exactly how deadly it was, he knew his supporters would not only believe him, they would repeat his talking points all over social media. And they did. And still do. 

And so his response to this will be to deny it. Again. It's fake news. Media's out to get him. Woodward is a liberal. It's always the same. And his supporters will get the message, as all others before it, and send it out en masse. 

And the election will come and he will either be re-elected or come very close to it. It just boggles the mind. 

Its a cult. The fear mongering has worked with the gullible. The closet racists have a champion. Everything can be sold as fake news. Science is now dismissed. A demagogue for the new age is here and I wouldn't be surprised to see him reelected. Meanwhile, the media continues to make everything worse.

What a despicable POS. Family and loved ones lost someone unnecessarily. People were suffering alone. Doctors and nurses are busting their humps and short PPE. The schools are struggling to open and be safe. Small businesses dying, millions unemployed and so many losing their homes. The devastating ripple effects continue. And what the hell is wrong with Woodward sitting on this for months? 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
. And what the hell is wrong with Woodward sitting on this for months? 
This is what smells to me about this. It is 100% not surprising that Trump said any of it, but why now? Profits? It allows for more scrutiny from skeptics. Woodward needs to clarify this. Did he agree to NOT expose this until a certain date? If so, he better spill it. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
What a despicable POS. Family and loved ones lost someone unnecessarily. People were suffering alone. Doctors and nurses are busting their humps and short PPE. The schools are struggling to open and be safe. Small businesses dying, millions unemployed and so many losing their homes. The devastating ripple effects continue. And what the hell is wrong with Woodward sitting on this for months? 
My daughter's best friend's parents both lost their jobs as a result of Covid. They were seething at Trump before. I haven't spoken to them since this broke, but I can't imagine how incredibly pissed off they are. 

The thing is, this did not have to happen. Most countries with real leadership took it seriously from the beginning, took their hard pills, did what they had to do, and recovered. For most of those countries, their businesses and economies were back on track by early summer.

Our leader called it a hoax. Millions believed him. And that's why US Covid numbers tower over nearly every country in the world. And why our economy is still reeling, and why we're still dealing with this thing in September.