Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a good look for Minnesota

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/10/11/minnesota-nice-not-entirely-as-trump-supporters-protesters-square-off-outside-rally/

I feel like if you combine this with the 2 republican candidates that were attacked last campaign cycle, the various Ilhan Omar and Al Franken controversies we're representing our state pretty poorly.  Obviously you can't lump all people left of center into this group of violence, but it seems like we're in the spotlight an awful lot for the wrong reasons.

I've seen the videos of the the supporters: what a neanderthal group of fucking idiots. Trump draws out the cream of society, doesn't he? Ha ha. Unreal. 

Did you really think this was the right forum for this?

Moved to Sensitive topics forum

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I've seen the videos of the the supporters: what a neanderthal group of fucking idiots. Trump draws out the cream of society, doesn't he? Ha ha. Unreal. 
Could the same not be said about the protesters?  Or really at any gathering of diehard fans of anything?  Im going to the Viking game tomorrow. I bet Ill see some classy Viking fans. 
There are obviously trump supporters on this board. How is calling Trump supporters neanderthal idiots not flaming them?  Isnt this exactly what we’re trying not to do?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
Could the same not be said about the protesters?  Or really at any gathering of diehard fans of anything?  Im going to the Viking game tomorrow. I bet Ill see some classy Viking fans. 
There are obviously trump supporters on this board. How is calling Trump supporters neanderthal idiots not flaming them?  Isnt this exactly what we’re trying not to do?
I'm calling it exactly as I'm seeing it per this event. My point wasn't at every event, it was in reference to this event. And to your point, the protesters that are protesting can be as bad. When it gets extreme, it gets stupid. There are other videos at this Minnesota event showing the supporters and they are a goon squad.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
nice big bucket of bait here Sticky.   you had to know that this would be taken personally from those that support Trump and could have possibly been at that rally since this is after all a Minnesota based forum.

Guess I'm not only deplorable but a neanderthal as well.  See ya Vikes fan , you have officially turned a great Vikings forum into another Trump derangement site.

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
Guess I'm not only deplorable but a neanderthal as well.  See ya Vikes fan , you have officially turned a great Vikings forum into another Trump derangement site.
where you at the rally yesterday?  I would be curious to know what you felt of the experience.  what kind of shenanigans did you see from the protesters?  I have heard rumors or the anti trump people got dressed like traffic control or security and were directing people away from the area prior to the rally to try and inconvenience the rally goers.

Quote: @Purple Haze said:
It is outrageous to say this kind of crap because of the “way people look” couched because “orange man bad”.

I saw patriots who support our president ... and the only bad behavior was by the protestors who don’t like Trump.  

Sad stuff when these losers try to interfere with the first amendment. 

That rally was awesome last night.