Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gotta Admit, a Veep Debate Would be Interesting...
Even though I think its way too late in the election process, I am actually looking forward to this now.

Waltz says he's not a great debater, but if he stays on his own track, the olde coach will come out and he'll do ok.

The discussion was on saftey regulations and the unintended consequences, he was citing an actual study done, yes there are other likely factors but bringing up the economy in a discussion about child saftey would have gotten him ridiculed as well. Its not the message, its the messanger and im condident that even if JC came back again and didnt support the progressive agenda he would be unjustly targeted once again.

https://www.ncregister.com/news/could-ca...birthrates

"an estimated 145,000 fewer births in the U.S. between 1980 and 2017 because of the potential costs they bear on families."

Of course, when I clicked on the link, I was asked if I wanted Catholic News in my inbox...so, wow, the objectivity! "From the same folks that despise contraception...!".

(If you've never heard Monty Python's "Every Sperm is Sacred" song, please...treat yourself!)

I'm pretty sure JC wouldn't have this strange, ongoing grudge JDV has against the childless, or the pivoting love for step parents (not named Kamala, she doesn't count) or fans of Taylor Swift, or...

...I can't figure out his fuggin' rules. He makes me miss Dan Quayle at this point.

The debate between him and the mealy-mouthed, pro-leftist "let's pretend there's 58 genders and boys menstruate, and that Italy's a war zone" clown from the other side should be like Tim Burton recreating a Hanna Barbera cartoon.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Go find your own source if you dont like that one, it was just the first that wasnt behind a pay wall, or just piss, moan, and belittle as usual.

(09-29-2024, 10:05 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Go find your own source if you dont like that one,  it was just the first that wasnt behind a pay wall,  or just piss, moan, and belittle as usual.

WOW...you're in a mood, today. Granted, you'll wave the "ban of Damocles" over my head some more if I get too spicy in my response...right?

We can't all be echo chamber addicts, and spend our time passive-aggressively defending both the tinfoil legion and/or the redcaps while still trying to take your "moderate" at the overall picture. Quite the mixed message, with plenty of pissing and moaning involved.

At least I'm concentrating most of my snark on the "sides" and the sources. You're being a full-on hypocrite, and it's all very, very personal.

Never mind, Vance is human s**t, has to be stopped, I wish him utter failure, disease, and agony.

I'm not kidding or stuttering, he's FOR REWARDING MASS MURDER AND RAPE WITH TERRITORY.

He's filth, and if that's orange boi's position...nothing horrible enough can happen to either.

"Vance didn’t specify who would control the “demilitarized zone,” but he said the “current line of demarcation” would remain, meaning Ukraine would not reclaim its territory that Russia now occupies. It’s not clear whether the proposed demilitarized zone would be within currently Russian- or Ukrainian-occupied territory"

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/...63398.html
Source - Stars and Stripes

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/...%20out%20a

(09-29-2024, 09:09 PM)Zanary Wrote: Never mind, Vance is human s**t, has to be stopped, I wish him utter failure, disease, and agony.

I'm not kidding or stuttering, he's FOR REWARDING MASS MURDER AND RAPE WITH TERRITORY.

He's filth, and if that's orange boi's position...nothing horrible enough can happen to either.

"Vance didn’t specify who would control the “demilitarized zone,” but he said the “current line of demarcation” would remain, meaning Ukraine would not reclaim its territory that Russia now occupies. It’s not clear whether the proposed demilitarized zone would be within currently Russian- or Ukrainian-occupied territory"

Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/...63398.html
Source - Stars and Stripes

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/europe/...%20out%20a

Ah geez.  My friend Z is off his meds again.  A lot of supposition in that article from the Washington Post writers.  The Donbas conflict has been going on for 10 years with each side taking pot shots at each other.  Lots of lives lost on both sides. It escalated in 2021 into full out conflict What's the end game?  How do you end this conflict?  Lots of lives and $$ battling over 40 miles with nobody in position to win...just people dying and money being spent.  Same thing applies to Israel.  You know this is unsustainable.  Eventually, the money and support runs out and Putin takes everything.  You know damn well that Biden / Harris are not negotiating from a position of strength after the fall of Kabul that struck fear in the face of our enemies.

(10-01-2024, 01:06 PM)badgervike Wrote: Ah geez.  My friend Z is off his meds again.  A lot of supposition in that article from the Washington Post writers.  The Donbas conflict has been going on for 10 years with each side taking pot shots at each other.  Lots of lives lost on both sides. It escalated in 2021 into full out conflict What's the end game?  How do you end this conflict?  Lots of lives and $$ battling over 40 miles with nobody in position to win...just people dying and money being spent.  Same thing applies to Israel.  You know this is unsustainable.  Eventually, the money and support runs out and Putin takes everything.  You know damn well that Biden / Harris are not negotiating from a position of strength after the fall of Kabul that struck fear in the face of our enemies.

Aw, shucks, badger is trying to speak for others again, I guess he forgot his ethics with his Eggos this morning. Russia is near economic collapse, China is only an ally until they can exploit Russia into a position of true weakness, and there is nothing reasonable about "we'll just hand over these people and this territory, rewarding the years of murder/rape/disaster" in the name of peace; the Ukrainians have repeatedly snarled a vehement "F**K NO" every time that type of mealy-mouthed cowardice is even hinted at; plenty of so-called "peacemakers" think that assuaging Russia is a quick solution, while those familiar with history are aware of what happens when oppressors gain momentum.

Given that orange boi has given (literal?) lip service, over and over, to the "brilliance" of mega-mass-murderer Putin (when not cozying up to Kim Jong Un, the Vip's Big Boy of the Far East), and his utter determination to throw blame and full-on fiction around, his "solution" for that war, I'm very certain, would be more of that same insanity, and he'd blame "crooked, no good" Ukrainians for not wanting to throw their homes and families to Vlad. Somehow, also, Haley and Pelosi would be at fault, especially if they weren't involved in any portion of the processes.

Consistency, after all.

(10-01-2024, 01:19 PM)Zanary Wrote: Aw, shucks, badger is trying to speak for others again, I guess he forgot his ethics with his Eggos this morning. Russia is near economic collapse, China is only an ally until they can exploit Russia into a position of true weakness, and there is nothing reasonable about "we'll just hand over these people and this territory, rewarding the years of murder/rape/disaster" in the name of peace; the Ukrainians have repeatedly snarled a vehement "F**K NO" every time that type of mealy-mouthed cowardice is even hinted at; plenty of so-called "peacemakers" think that assuaging Russia is a quick solution, while those familiar with history are aware of what happens when oppressors gain momentum.

Given that orange boi has given (literal?) lip service, over and over, to the "brilliance" of mega-mass-murderer Putin (when not cozying up to Kim Jong Un, the Vip's Big Boy of the Far East), and his utter determination to throw blame and full-on fiction around, his "solution" for that war, I'm very certain, would be more of that same insanity, and he'd blame "crooked, no good" Ukrainians for not wanting to throw their homes and families to Vlad. Somehow, also, Haley and Pelosi would be at fault, especially if they weren't involved in any portion of the processes.

Consistency, after all.

The money and the support will continue to dwindle.  Putin's forces made progress was made while we held up military aid.  If that support goes away permanently, Putin gets a free shot at the Ukraine...regardless of President.  The people will not continue to support a never ending stalemate particularly given the level of debt we're currently servicing (at inflated interest rates...75% of individual tax revenues go to servicing debt).  We ran up the credit cards and need to actually do something about it.  While the support and pressure remain, this conflict needs to end.  The Ukraine won't survive without it.

(10-01-2024, 01:34 PM)badgervike Wrote: The money and the support will continue to dwindle.  Putin's forces made progress was made while we held up military aid.  If that support goes away permanently, Putin gets a free shot at the Ukraine...regardless of President.  The people will not continue to support a never ending stalemate particularly given the level of debt we're currently servicing (at inflated interest rates...75% of individual tax revenues go to servicing debt).  We ran up the credit cards and need to actually do something about it.  While the support and pressure remain, this conflict needs to end.  The Ukraine won't survive without it.

As more members of the EU lean in, and NATO's newest members seem to hate Putin at least as much as anyone short of Ukraine, I don't see the aid withering away as quickly...particularly from the countries familiar with that horror show.

Russia has arguably destroyed a generation or more of their young men, which is chiseling away at his hold on power as much as any successes Ukraine has. The losses in equipment, material, and especially the "technological might" reputation of Russia are unsustainable to them as well. I'm genuinely surprised that a member of his inner circle hasn't cancelled him by now, as the sanctions and casualties weigh more heavily.