Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does America need another POTUS Debate?
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@Vikergirl said:
I don't see the point. If they could get an actual moderator that would help maybe. I think if you are an undecided voter at this point, you aren't going to vote. 
I don't know if you were directing this at my post...

I'm not an undecided voter.  There are important issues that both candidates are not answering.  I do want to know if Biden would stack the court.  He should answer the question as I doubt there is universal support for stacking the court with progressive justices.

Early on I had a mentor that sarcastically said  "Indecision is the key to flexibility", have a spine dude.  Looking for the perfect as an excuse to refute the perverse is just an excuse for your prejudice. 
Al, you're like 0-10 in your projections toward me.  Just stop.  Your assumption once again is totally wrong.  I have voted in every election since 1982 and have never once observed a perfect candidate.  But some candidates are closer to my thinking than others and they are the ones that get my vote.  Simple.  My decision was made weeks ago and I've stated it on a few occasions on the forum.

I do have questions for this years candidates.  For example, the D's should answer "Do you plan to stack the supreme court if elected" and before the election.  They apparently believe they don't need tell us their plans.  Bad choice IMO and adds one more strike against the Biden/Harris ticket in my view.  In fact, IMO, both Red and Blue POTUS candidates are not supportable this year.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@Vikergirl said:
I don't see the point. If they could get an actual moderator that would help maybe. I think if you are an undecided voter at this point, you aren't going to vote. 
I don't know if you were directing this at my post...

I'm not an undecided voter.  There are important issues that both candidates are not answering.  I do want to know if Biden would stack the court.  He should answer the question as I doubt there is universal support for stacking the court with progressive justices.

Early on I had a mentor that sarcastically said  "Indecision is the key to flexibility", have a spine dude.  Looking for the perfect as an excuse to refute the perverse is just an excuse for your prejudice. 
Al, you're like 0-10 in your projections toward me.  Just stop.  Your assumption once again is totally wrong.  I have voted in every election since 1982 and have never once observed a perfect candidate.  But some candidates are closer to my thinking than others and they are the ones that get my vote.  Simple.  My decision was made weeks ago and I've stated it on a few occasions on the forum.

I do have questions for this years candidates.  For example, the D's should answer "Do you plan to stack the supreme court if elected" and before the election.  They apparently believe they don't need tell us their plans.  Bad choice IMO and adds one more strike against the Biden/Harris ticket in my view.  In fact, IMO, both Red and Blue POTUS candidates are not supportable this year.
No, nailed you dead on, 100%, afraid of anything that may make you uncomfortable.  BLM, Antifa, Dave Chapelle 8:46....   It's all about how close to comfortable you are with status quo, you have your mind made up, and you will find anything to support it, rather than challenge your paradigms.  Life has left you behind, and looking for the perfect as an excuse to challenge those prejudices will leave you there.   Seize the day, Carpe diem, believe that you are not a victim, participate, have the guts to stand up for what you believe right or wrong.
 "Now is the time to seize the day
Stare down the odds and seize the day
Minute by minute that's how you win it
We will find a way
But let us seize the day
Courage cannot erase our fear
Courage is when we face our fear
Tell those with power safe in their tower
We will not obey!"

LOL, 0-11 Al.  Time to send you down to the minors.  Your projections are just wrong!!  Whatever!

I don't think the Biden team wants to pack the courts aka adding more judges, but the way the last 4 years have gone regarding SCOTUS it's not a bad idea.  We used to have 10, then it was put down to 7, now up to 9.   Any talk of packing the court is a response to the bullshit games the GOP senate has played.

Some would say the GOP has packing the various level of courts for the last 4 years.

We need people to understand that these documents, these frameworks must remain flexible to account for the changing of the times.  The founders knew this, Lincoln knew this, FDR knew this, yet there is a group in this country that is stuck on tradition only because its suits their needs, not the needs of the country.

Nixon saw it when he wanted to abolish electoral college.  Should have been done there and then.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I'm ridin' with Biden, but I sure wish this were the guy the dems put up....2024 will likely pit Kamala v. Pete. That would be a damn good race. 

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status...44192?s=20
Why would Kamala who will be running as VP again  with Biden in 2024 be pitted against Pete? Plus I love the mayors ideas. But he is a mayor. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@MaroonBells said:
I'm ridin' with Biden, but I sure wish this were the guy the dems put up....2024 will likely pit Kamala v. Pete. That would be a damn good race. 

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status...44192?s=20
Why would Kamala who will be running as VP again  with Biden in 2024 be pitted against Pete? Plus I love the mayors ideas. But he is a mayor. 
Biden will be 81 in 24. If he's reelected, he would be 86 by the time he left office. I don't think he runs in '24. This would be Harris' race to lose, so it's possible she's unopposed. 

I figure that a huge number of Americans have already picked their favorite old babbling racist (and his rape charges), while the functional people will continue to wonder how so many can be convinced that those are acceptable options.

Quote: @Zanary said:
I figure that a huge number of Americans have already picked their favorite old babbling racist (and his rape charges), while the functional people will continue to wonder how so many can be convinced that those are acceptable options.
Ubtil citizens united and serious campaign finance reform along with tanked choice voting happen these wack jobs that rub as third party people will remain spoilers at best. Sorry but Jill Stein, johnson, nader, jorgenson.... They aren’t viable because for the most part all they will do is pull support from the major two and there is too much at stake to trust someone that cannot answer basic world affairs problems (aleppo), be found seated dining with Vladimir Putin(Stein) etc.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Zanary said:
Ubtil citizens united and serious campaign finance reform along with tanked choice voting happen these wack jobs that rub as third party people will remain spoilers at best. Sorry but Jill Stein, johnson, nader, jorgenson.... They aren’t viable because for the most part all they will do is pull support from the major two and there is too much at stake to trust someone that cannot answer basic world affairs problems (aleppo), be found seated dining with Vladimir Putin(Stein) etc.
WOW, what a truly stupid post. 

Jo Jorgensen is a psych professor with experience in both poltics and business...so you dismissing her as a "whack job" is just frothing ignorance with a side order of shitheadedness.

The fact that the media (and some truly challenged individuals) skipped right past most of what Gary Johnson said and clung to remarks on one far-off, foreign, troubled spot in a country that has been cannibalizing itself for generations is kinda telling of how badly people need to believe that the treasonous trash piles have any business running the country.

The "too much at stake" fiction has been a similar level of moronic cowardice to "a vote for 3rd party is a vote for x".  Those excuses have been brought forth, without missing a turn, since my adolescence, and the only things that change are the names.  I'd argue, with a shit-ton of facts behind me, that main party votes are not only wasted, but treason...because anyone paying any attention over the last several decades can see that both are deepening the divisions in the country as per their agendas.

Jo Jorgensen is more qualified, and exponentially more FUNCTIONAL, than a drooling goober who still babbles that he's running for the senate while 120 million Americans are dead from gun violence...and similarly more than a babbling, spoiled, gutless half-wit whose life achievements have largely been achieving regrettable celebrity while laundering daddy's money.

How is Jo Jorgensen a :"wack" (really?) job in comparison?