Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't do it Joe...
Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

Besides, congress sets the budget not the President.
But I don't remember you being scared or against Trump (you just don't like it) for adding 10 trillion in 4 years ( a reality and fact we know) but the green new deal that you think will add to the debt "scares the crap out of you". You carefully forget the green new deal is not yet flushed out, it is evolving and not reality. Great way of thinking.

Lastly you now say congress sets the budget not the president but again Trump supporters are OK with the following:
  1. Taking money that congress allocated to military to build a wall
  2. Trump executive order to waive tax
Isn't that what you just said congress does? Yet the trump supreme court and supporters think the president has the right to do. So which side are you? You guys cant argue both sides.

@mblack said:
Facts... the one thing Trump supporters avoid.
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You are going to mention honesty while we are under the Trump administration? Really? Some of you have no shame. We have leaders to lead and if we have a terrible economy due to the pandemic it is because Trump failed as a leader. The spin cannot hide that.

Quote: @mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
Harris lacks honesty when she does not separate the excellent economy early in the year versus the effects of shutdowns due to the pandemic.
You are going to mention honesty while we are under the Trump administration? Really? Some of you have no shame. We have leaders to lead and if we have a terrible economy due to the pandemic it is because Trump failed as a leader. The spin cannot hide that.

Talk about no shame.  She is clearly lying. The economy had not tanked until the pandemic.  No where can you find anyone saying the economy had tanked earlier.  Never said Trump was perfect nor totally honest.  You leapt to a strawman and apparently have the same level of honesty as Harris.  Or do you admit that she is wrong?

@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
Just wait till the new green deal passes, Biden and Harris will set records for most new federal debt, business debt, personal debt and lost jobs!  Woohoo, good times!
Even if what you say was true... which is not, I don't remember Biden saying he will eliminate the national debt. Trump on the other hand said repeatedly he and he alone could and will eliminate the national debt but has instead increased it at an alarming rate. I bet you see no problem with that.
I'm a fiscal and social conservative.  Don't like the current status and the Green New Deal scares the crap out of me for the effects on the economy, on jobs, cost of living, and added debt.  Can't support the New Green Deal and that is a key part of Biden's platform.

But I don't remember you being scared or against Trump (you just don't like it) for adding 10 trillion in 4 years ( a reality and fact we know) but the green new deal that you think will add to the debt "scares the crap out of you". You carefully forget the green new deal is not yet flushed out, it is evolving and not reality. Great way of thinking.

Lastly you now say congress sets the budget not the president but again Trump supporters are OK with the following:
  1. Taking money that congress allocated to military to build a wall
  2. Trump executive order to waive tax
Isn't that what you just said congress does? Yet the trump supreme court and supporters think the president has the right to do. So which side are you? You guys cant argue both sides.
Geez, get a grip MBlack, I have always said congress sets the budget.  I've never changed my stance.  I've never been happy with increasing the deficit.  It's been going up for decades.  A fundamental change is required by both parties in congress to reduce, eliminate deficit spending.  I speak for myself, I'm not responsible for actions taken by others.  Debate with those who made the decisions.  I support fiscal conservatives.  Do you?

@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:

Talk about no shame.  She is clearly lying. The economy had not tanked until the pandemic.  No where can you find anyone saying the economy had tanked earlier.  Never said Trump was perfect nor totally honest.  You leapt to a strawman and apparently have the same level of honesty as Harris.  Or do you admit that she is wrong?
You were questioning Harris honesty. I asked if you ever questioned Trumps. You cant even try to equate both. If you are concerned about Harris' honestly because of the "lie" above, one would expect you being more vocal or more than concerned about Trumps (someone who has lied over 2000 times, lies all the time about the pandemic and keeps lying and hurting the country). All you can come up with is the pathetic and biased statement that "I never said Trump was perfect" (neither did you say he was terrible but you called out Harris - hence my point). By the way that is the wrong statement. "Trump is terrible" when it comes to honesty is a more appropriate statement.
I would gladly be associated with Harris than Trump when it comes to honesty. Can you say the same?

@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

What economic and job losses are you concerned about?  Which market employs more people, renewables or fossil fuels?  Which market is government sub sized more?  The Green New Deal is the pie in the sky pitch to get us in that direction but it won’t fully end up there.

Throw a price on carbon (because there needs to be one) and the green new deal will be a massive job creation tool for the 21st century US infrastructure.

@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

You need to quit disasterbaiting, it's making you go blind.  Next thing you'll be worrying about an Antifa rally, or Dave Chappelle corrupting your computer and interweb connection.
LOL, nice strawman arguement!  False to all three.
Well, go back to the George Floyd, Antifa thread where you complained about the offensive Dave Chappelle 8:46 video.  You know the one where you lectured me about the control over what you allow on your computer and in your home, then Jimmy had me remove it because it was offensive to some. 

Do you know what a strawman argument is?  Nothing false.

The Green New deal is a point of view is a proposed package in an open negotiation.

especially those opinion-facts that the left states as fact, without any facts. 

Sorry, but saying Facts... doesn't make it so.  But keep wishing.

@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:

You were questioning Harris honesty. I asked if you ever questioned Trumps. You cant even try to equate both. If you are concerned about Harris' honestly because of the "lie" above, one would expect you being more vocal or more than concerned about Trumps (someone who has lied over 2000 times, lies all the time about the pandemic and keeps lying and hurting the country). All you can come up with is the pathetic and biased statement that "I never said Trump was perfect" (neither did you say he was terrible but you called out Harris - hence my point). By the way that is the wrong statement. "Trump is terrible" when it comes to honesty is a more appropriate statement.
I would gladly be associated with Harris than Trump when it comes to honesty. Can you say the same?

Answer the question mblack, is Harris telling the truth?  did the economy crater in 2019, pre pandemic.  I'm trying to get you to answer a simple question.  You brought up Trump.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@BigAl99 said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@mblack said:
@IDVikingfan said:

You need to quit disasterbaiting, it's making you go blind.  Next thing you'll be worrying about an Antifa rally, or Dave Chappelle corrupting your computer and interweb connection.
LOL, nice strawman arguement!  False to all three.
Well, go back to the George Floyd, Antifa thread where you complained about the offensive Dave Chappelle 8:46 video.  You know the one where you lectured me about the control over what you allow on your computer and in your home, then Jimmy had me remove it because it was offensive to some. 

Wrong, I did not say nor infer Chappelle corrupted my computer and interweb connection.  False statement, complete distortion.  No disaster, strawman argument.  You may approve of a male calling a female a "sl**", I don't and chose not to listen to his video.

Do you know what a strawman argument is?  Nothing false.

Yes I do know (distorting an opinion) and you had three strawmen in your earlier post.  I'm not worried about an antifa attack in Idaho, LOL.  We're not Portland or Seattle.  Two false assertions relative to Chappelle, commented on above.  0 for 3, Al.

The Green New deal is a point of view is a proposed package in an open negotiation.

It has the the potential for disastrous effects on the economy which several projections of massive job loss and added debt.  It does depend on what is finally passed.