Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Training camp has arrived
(07-29-2024, 05:07 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Some interesting updates from today's practice....

• Cine is still not practicing. Has all the earmarks of a potential trade. 
• Vikes brought in DB Bobby McCain, but instead of putting him at corner, he's getting reps at Safety. 
• Jay Ward is practicing at CB today. May have decided it wiser to put Ward at corner than moving Bynum. 
• Darnold with 40 yard bomb to keep 2-minute drive alive but likely would've been sacked by Gabe Murphy who "exploded thru the line." 
• According to many, McCarthy once again looked very sharp in practice. Fingers crossed.

I read this morning that McCarthy is meeting with Flores to understand where his weaknesses are and to get better.

Defensive coordinator Brian Flores said Monday that he has had "several conversations" with McCarthy, initiated by the quarterback. McCarthy has asked "my thoughts of areas that he can work on based on how we see it defensively or see him offensively," Flores said. "His strengths, his weaknesses, some things that we feel that as a defense that a quarterback can do to make things hard. He asks the right questions. I think he's about the right stuff."
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(07-30-2024, 06:58 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I read this morning that McCarthy is meeting with Flores to understand where his weaknesses are and to get better.

Defensive coordinator Brian Flores said Monday that he has had "several conversations" with McCarthy, initiated by the quarterback. McCarthy has asked "my thoughts of areas that he can work on based on how we see it defensively or see him offensively," Flores said. "His strengths, his weaknesses, some things that we feel that as a defense that a quarterback can do to make things hard. He asks the right questions. I think he's about the right stuff."

That's some incredible self awareness for a 21 year old...  the more I hear and see, the more confident I am this kid will be good.

Hmmmm.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
HC Kevin O'Connell stated that #Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has played against the No. 1 defense and WILL get reps with the No. 1 offense.

He noted that Darnold deserved them early in camp but McCarthy will start to work in there as well.

The time is coming ?

(07-30-2024, 01:35 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Hmmmm.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
HC Kevin O'Connell stated that #Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has played against the No. 1 defense and WILL get reps with the No. 1 offense.

He noted that Darnold deserved them early in camp but McCarthy will start to work in there as well.

The time is coming ?

Lol, NO!

(07-30-2024, 01:35 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Hmmmm.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol

The time is coming ?

Chugga chugga chugga chugga choo CHOO

(07-30-2024, 02:08 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Lol, NO!

I'm assuming it's just part of O'Connell's evaluation process.  He's reportedly looked good and noticably improved from where he was at in OTAs.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Herbert, Burrow, Stroud situation where he comes in and plays great from Day 1, but I'd like to see the veteran Darnold play well and let McCarthy get the Culpepper, Mahomes, Hurts, Love treatment and not have to play his rookie year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

He's also going to get tested plenty in pre-season games and the scrimmages with other teams over the next 4 weeks.

Its going to be interesting for sure. Hell, I am planning to go to my first home pre-season game in ages just to see him play a bit.

Looking forward to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

[-] The following 2 users Like pattersaur's post:

(07-30-2024, 06:41 PM)pattersaur Wrote: https://twitter.com/vikescentral/status/...50312?s=46

CAN YOU FEEL IT

I read he was 4-6 with 4 TDs in red zone work today...

BOOM