Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Breaking: Vikings will suck in 2024
I remember a comment that Jared Allen said in what I think was his first year in purple, when we lost to a very soft, sucky Kansas City team (not expected). His comment? "Hey, it's the NFL. Everyone in this league is good."

Do we fear the NFC North? The entire NFL 17 game schedule?
I put this in the hand of KOC and his coaches to take the personnel we have and win.
It's over my pay grade, for sure, but if the base personnel that everyone has to deal with is "good", then the differentiation is coaching/game scheme.
Now it will get interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

I've been ignoring the predictions for the team since the 80's, when every sports bobblehead routinely picked us to finish last or next to last regardless how we'd done previously. At that time, they hated us for being "small market". Now, they dismiss us because our injury-plagued season allowed the kittens and the pukers to gain momentum...but, for how long?

Flores has another year with the team. Our young'uns are getting clued in. The ship's new course is finally plotted.

Stay tuned, folks.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

(06-09-2024, 09:55 AM)Zanary Wrote: I've been ignoring the predictions for the team since the 80's, when every sports bobblehead routinely picked us to finish last or next to last regardless how we'd done previously. At that time, they hated us for being "small market". Now, they dismiss us because our injury-plagued season allowed the kittens and the pukers to gain momentum...but, for how long?

Flores has another year with the team. Our young'uns are getting clued in. The ship's new course is finally plotted.

Stay tuned, folks.

I agree and am also on board with 8-10 wins. A surprise season. Flores for another season and KOC coaching the turnovers out of Darnold gives the Vikings a chance to build toward the future. The San Diego based writer who predicted 3 wins also picked the Bears to go to the playoffs. I've got the Bears finishing last and the other 3 teams battling for the NFCN championship, with the Kitties having a slight edge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

(06-08-2024, 09:01 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: I remember a comment that Jared Allen said in what I think was his first year in purple, when we lost to a very soft, sucky Kansas City team (not expected).  His comment?  "Hey, it's the NFL.  Everyone in this league is good."

Do we fear the NFC North?  The entire NFL 17 game schedule? 
I put this in the hand of KOC and his coaches to take the personnel we have and win.
It's over my pay grade, for sure, but if the base personnel that everyone has to deal with is "good", then the differentiation is coaching/game scheme.
Now it will get interesting.

This is why I find it hard to believe the Vikings will win only 3-6 games. Everyone is good, including the Vikings. Our division is better than it's ever been, but they're still divisional games that can, and often do, go either way regardless of talent on the roster. Last year, for example, the Vikings played the Lions to the wire with Nick Mullens throwing 4 INTs and the Lions outrushing us 143 to 17.