Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: White privilege

Quote: @pumpf said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
Im so glad I was born into untold privilage and wealth. Havent worked for anything in my whole life. 
Thanks for the daily reminder you have once again missed the point and still have no understanding of racism and white priviledge.  I almost had hope you may have learned something by now, but nope.  

Carry on with your strawman argument.  
I also don't have an understanding of unicorns or Atlantis.  I think it's because none of those things (other than racism) exist.  Let' s be honest, there are all kinds of facts and statistics that can explain why things happen the way that they do.  But, since those facts are "inconvenient", no one is willing to deal with the real problems facing the black community.  But liberals don't like facts; they like stories- which is all the original twitter thread was.

Meanwhile, I posted an article written by a black man and asked people to read it... and- to the best of my knowledge- no one has.  I guess "listening" only works one way... kind of like "tolerance".

By the way, since you're the "expert" on these things, why don't you explain it to the rest of us?
I really don’t give a shit about Jason Whitlock or his experience.  He doesn’t speak for all black people just like you don’t speak for all white people.  What makes “his story” any different than anyone else’s?  

You seem to think white priviledge and racism doesn’t really exist and can be explained by facts and statstics, which in itself is a fucking joke.  More likely to be born into poverty, or a single parent household, or pulled over for no reason, or sentenced to a longer oenalty than a white person, I could go on and on.  And your comment that “there’s no point in trying to change people’s outlook on race, because all it does is further divide people and hurts blacks.”

You literally just showed Exhibit A of a perfect example of white priviledge.  Because you don’t understand it or have not witnessed it firsthand, then it simply doesn’t exist.

Bravo.  You wanted me to explain it, you just did it for me.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@AGRforever said:
Im so glad I was born into untold privilage and wealth. Havent worked for anything in my whole life. 
Thanks for the daily reminder you have once again missed the point and still have no understanding of racism and white priviledge.  I almost had hope you may have learned something by now, but nope.  

Carry on with your strawman argument.  
I very rarely vote democrat sooo....I must be a racist. Got it. 

Theres a whole lot less racism then anyone wants to admit.  Most of us can see the value in good human beings and can pick out the morons and it doesnt matter what their pigmentation is. 

It seems only liberals have to see color in everyone, everywhere. It esspecially seems to become a rallying cry come election years.  

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I feel privileged that Google play felt me worthy of putting Juneteenth on my calendar. Now I had to Google what Google added. So how will you celebrate?
Aunt Jemima pancakes with some Land O Lakes butter and some Mrs Butterworth syrup?

Na Im just being a jackass. I dont think most people even knew what juneteenth was until orange man bad schedualed a campaign a rally on that date. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:
I feel privileged that Google play felt me worthy of putting Juneteenth on my calendar. Now I had to Google what Google added. So how will you celebrate?
I dont think most people even knew what juneteenth was until orange man bad schedualed a campaign a rally on that date. 
Lemme guess, you live in a very small, white town? Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Interesting how Trump says nobody had ever heard of Juneteenth until he scheduled that rally and then you hear that very same thing from conservatives everywhere. It's almost like there's a news network out there broadcasting all of his talking points. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:
Aunt Jemima pancakes with some Land O Lakes butter and some Mrs Butterworth syrup?

Na Im just being a jackass. I dont think most people even knew what juneteenth was until orange man bad schedualed a campaign a rally on that date. 
I will be honest. It was the 1st time I heard of it. However if I was President I would have the " best and brightest" around me informed with the latest trends. Orange bubble bad.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:

I will be honest. It was the 1st time I heard of it. However if I was President I would have the " best and brightest" around me informed with the latest trends. Orange bubble bad.
I wouldn't call it a latest trend. Juneteenth has been around for 155 years. The festival in Denver is huge, each year drawing as many as 50,000 people.

And Donnie has heard of it. He's commented on it many times in the past. Delivered speeches about it. Of course, you can question whether he has any clue or memory of what is written for him in speeches, but it sounds like he does have a few informed people around him....When he asked one of his aides if she'd ever heard of Juneteenth, she said yes and pointed out that the White House put out a statement last year commemorating the day. Trump replied, “Oh really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement? Ok, ok. Good.”

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:
I dont think most people even knew what juneteenth was until orange man bad schedualed a campaign a rally on that date. 
Lemme guess, you live in a very small, white town? Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Interesting how Trump says nobody had ever heard of Juneteenth until he scheduled that rally and then you hear that very same thing from conservatives everywhere. It's almost like there's a news network out there broadcasting all of his talking points. 
CNN isn't great, but FoxNews is despicable. Like when the Obamas took office and did the fist bump thing.....said it was 'terrorist' related.....its just fucking disgusting. Anyway, I digress. No minds will be changed in America any longer. 

@AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:

I live in a medium sized town?  Probably 100k in the county?  I dont follow Trump or fox news, scouts honor.  I came up with it all on my own. 

If it makes you feel any better half our “friend group” is either of color or immigrants. Israel, Turkey, Jamaica and even some home grown people of non-white privlage. 

Last friendsgiving we did a cultural dishes potluck which was fun. I very much enjoy talking about cultural differences and how the world sees America and Americans. You liberals seem hellbent on lableing every non democrat a racist and it is just a big pile of BS. In fact it seems to me that the ones who always see color are you guys because it continues to sow division which is good for you in November. 

@suncoastvike said:
@AGRforever said:

@suncoastvike said:

I wouldn't call it a latest trend. Juneteenth has been around for 155 years. The festival in Denver is huge, each year drawing as many as 50,000 people.

And Donnie has heard of it. He's commented on it many times in the past. Delivered speeches about it. Of course, you can question whether he has any clue or memory of what is written for him in speeches, but it sounds like he does have a few informed people around him....When he asked one of his aides if she'd ever heard of Juneteenth, she said yes and pointed out that the White House put out a statement last year commemorating the day. Trump replied, “Oh really? We put out a statement? The Trump White House put out a statement? Ok, ok. Good.”
I myself never heard of it that I recall. There are alot of events and commemorations that I miss.
So if I'm following you he is either really stupid and senile or really clever and heartless. Well he won't get my vote now. Even if I decide to vote this year.