Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, don't align with this take at all...
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...3D15.1&f=1]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Well there is some good news. NBC has recently changed its policy about climate change. It will no longer invite climate deniers on its shows to "debate" the issue, as if there were one. About 10 years too late, NBC, but baby steps.  
You know, if the Global Warming alarmists could get even ONE of their predictions right, maybe people (who aren't influenced by their political affiliations) would be swayed.  But since they've been consistently wrong over the years, why should anyone believe them now?

It's like a cult that declares that the world is going to end in 10 years... and then, when it doesn't happen, they pretend that they never said it... and screech that the world is going to end in 10 (more) years.  

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/
https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/climate-change/climate-alarm-failed-prognostications/

[Image: 5ae462e9e5f185a0e70b2adbddcaea49--stupid...ralism.jpg][Image: 1239459_582781141763540_473008476_n.jpg]

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Well there is some good news. NBC has recently changed its policy about climate change. It will no longer invite climate deniers on its shows to "debate" the issue, as if there were one. About 10 years too late, NBC, but baby steps.  
You know, if the Global Warming alarmists could get even ONE of their predictions right, maybe people (who aren't influenced by their political affiliations) would be swayed.  But since they've been consistently wrong over the years, why should anyone believe them now?

It's like a cult that declares that the world is going to end in 10 years... and then, when it doesn't happen, they pretend that they never said it... and screech that the world is going to end in 10 (more) years.  

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/
https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/climate-change/climate-alarm-failed-prognostications/

[Image: 5ae462e9e5f185a0e70b2adbddcaea49--stupid...ralism.jpg][Image: 1239459_582781141763540_473008476_n.jpg]
Imagine that. Pumpf is a denier. 

so if they won't even talk about it, that would make them the denier? 

Francis Bacon has to be rolling in his grave:"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he
will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties."

Science is about questioning everything, not shouting down those you disagree with.

I can't wait until we psychoanalyze the next joke!  

-25 right now, without the windchill!

19-35mph winds...
  :#  :#  :#

@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Exactly !!!!  I remember back in the 1970's when the alarmist were warning of the next ice age, now its global warming.  Here is the thing, I think everybody from both sides of the argument agree that the climate is changing.  Some like myself believe it is a natural occurrence.  Others believe the climate change is due to mans actions.  Nobody disputes the changes, just whether its caused by man or not.  The upper great plains used to be a tropics, then it was a glacier and that changed to what we experience today.  This all happened before mans influence on anything.  Maybe there is some truth to the looney alarmist claims that cow shit adds to global warming and all the dinosaurs  caused the first round of changes.

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Exactly !!!!  I remember back in the 1970's when the alarmist were warning of the next ice age, now its global warming.  Here is the thing, I think everybody from both sides of the argument agree that the climate is changing.  Some like myself believe it is a natural occurrence.  Others believe the climate change is due to mans actions.  Nobody disputes the changes, just whether its caused by man or not.  The upper great plains used to be a tropics, then it was a glacier and that changed to what we experience today.  This all happened before mans influence on anything.  Maybe there is some truth to the looney alarmist claims that cow shit adds to global warming and all the dinosaurs  caused the first round of changes.
Well, that was the argument about 20 years ago, but now even its most vocal skeptics (even the author of the graphic Pumpf posted) believe that man is contributing to it. I think the only disagreement among educated people now is how severe it will be, the timeline and what to do about it. 

But before we get too far down this rabbit hole, I've had weeks-long "debates" with other conservatives on boards like this for 20 years, and I won't do it anymore. Nothing more ridiculous than watching a bunch of pastors, designers, programmers and truck drivers post incomprehensible charts and graphs on temperature anomalies, CO2 levels and oceanic circulation. Nor will I "debate" with anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, birthers, deep staters, chemtrailers and people who think the government is run by lizard people. 

@"Purple Haze" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Well, that was the argument about 20 years ago, but now even its most vocal skeptics (even the author of the graphic Pumpf posted) believe that man is contributing to it. I think the only disagreement among educated people now is how severe it will be, the timeline and what to do about it. 

But before we get too far down this rabbit hole, I've had weeks-long "debates" with other conservatives on boards like this for 20 years, and I won't do it anymore. Nothing more ridiculous than watching a bunch of pastors, designers, programmers and truck drivers post incomprehensible charts and graphs on temperature anomalies, CO2 levels and oceanic circulation. Nor will I "debate" with anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, birthers, deep staters, chemtrailers and people who think the government is run by lizard people. 
Lizard People?  Come on, have you seen Hillary?
Yes, pollution has an effect.  Breathing has an effect.  Plants and trees have an effect on the environment.  Politicians flying their private jets to an environmental gathering have an effect.  What is up for debate is what that effect is, what the proper response is and should the response be forced. 

What isn't up for debate is that people will manipulate the data to prove their point.  That people will use that manipulated data to make money and raise funding.  And to combat that blowback on those items, they will call people all sorts of names to shut down debate.